Sunday, November 7, 2021

Lemons

 Did you think I was going to post about lemon recipes? Maybe some cool lemon drinks? Nope. I'm going to post about making something sweet when life hands you lemons.  I was originally going to head to Chicago this coming Friday but today had me on the turnpike heading out to  help my sister.  She ended up with an infection that landed her in the hospital.  She's had a heck of a time these past 20 months but she keeps bouncing back and she's better today and hopefully will be home either tomorrow or Tuesday. Her daughters were out of town and down at Disney in Florida with her granddaughters on a Mom and daughter weekend and also doing a Disney marathon race.  Anyway, that left only her son to try and take care of her dog so I said I'd head out and help out.  Hope, her dog, and I are doing good and I'm happy I can take the time to be here.  So being retired does have perks and makes this lemon turn a bit sweeter.  Before I left however, our checking account got hacked.  Really bad..all gone! I guess we weren't the only poor saps that it happened to but it will take a few days or more to straightened everything out.  I haven't found any way to make lemonade out of these lemons yet. I'll just be happy to get the account up and running again.  Then last week my camera quit working so I sent it back to get it fixed.  They sent it back to me and said they couldn't fix it because they no longer make that model. I know most folks, including me, use their phone cameras but I still enjoy using a regular camera.  So I guess the lemonade will have to be a new camera.  I was thinking about the crazy time change that I think most folks really don't like. I just wish they would leave the time alone. Anyway, I was thinking about the extra hour I got today along with the other extra hour I got going into Illinois. Hmm...that should make me a few hours younger.  Now there's some lemonade I can get into!  It may seem like my life has had it's crazy ups and downs these past almost 2 years.  I know I'm not alone in the bad luck club.  Many have had it much worse. I have a wonderful husband who puts up with me and family that loves me too.  I have good friends and that includes my blog buddies who always make me smile and are there with prayers and help if needed. We have a wonderful home and all the necessities of life.  So  I'll keep adding the sugar to the lemons and hope the sweet will come out in the end.  Have a sweet week everyone!

9 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

No, dear friend, when I saw the title, I wasn't expecting a recipe for lemon meringue pie. By now, I know the drill. I knew something bad had happened around your wonderful family. I'm very sorry to learn that your plans changed and that you needed to drive to Chicago days early because sister Midge is back in the hospital. You are the go-to person whenever a family member needs a helping hand. I admire you tremendously, but wish life would just stop picking on you and your loved ones every chance it gets. I hope Midge is receiving the best of care and that she will indeed be discharged today or tomorrow.

I am also sad to read that you and Jack are dealing simultaneously with the hassles of a hacked checking account. I hope you can soon get it resolved. And your old camera is broken and can't be repaired? What next?

Yessum, in the face of it all, you are wise to count your blessings and remember that many people are having a much worse time of it. Even so, I am hoping, praying and rooting for your life to turn from sour to sweet and stay that way for a hundred years or so, just to balance the scales.

Someday, years from now, when you read about the years 2020 and 2021, you will recall how many times you rose to the challenge and helped family during a crisis. Yessum, we needed to turn the clocks back this past weekend. It gave you an extra hour to sacrifice and serve your family and your community. That's who you are.

Please take good care of yourself, Midge and Hope dog and keep us posted on sis's recovery. I'll be thinking about you, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

My poor Yaya, lately your life has been rather like a yoyo with all the ups and downs. I can't believe all the rotten luck you've had lately. You sure are a trooper to keep on being positive. I was waiting for perhaps a wonderful Greek dessert recipe with lemon. Not so.

I've been praying for Midge every morning and will keep praying for all of you. It doesn't look like my prayers are being answered the way I want but God's ways are not our ways, that I know but I also know that he hears my prayers.

What rotten bad luck to have your bank account hacked in and your money is all gone.

The bank can fix this and I hope that you get all your money back. Stay safe and positive. Life is worth living even in these crazy times.

Hugs and love,
Julia

acorn hollow said...

I will keep your sister in my prayers. You are right that you need to make lemonade I have been in your shoes and they are tight and pinch! Best wishes to your sister and I do hope husband is continuing to heal
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, you are having a bad week. I hope this week is better. I am glad you are trying to see the bright side in everything. Take care and God bless.

Prims By The Water said...

We are there for you my blog buddy! Yes you have had a lot going on lately and hope your sister is doing better now. We know our bank manager very well, and one day she called Bob to ask him if he was at the store. He said he was and asked why. She then said well your card is in Vegas. She cancelled his card. Thank goodness she knew us because having your account drained is not fun. Here's hoping your lemons turn into sweet lemonade! Janice

jack69 said...

YOu said: So being retired does have perks and makes this lemon turn a bit sweeter. ...... You are so right, nice you can enjoy the detour..
Just thru setting up for an over nighter in Georgia then on to Florida. (WHere we old folk are supposed to be, they say!)
Sherry & jack

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh Kathy...so very sorry to read this. You just can't catch a break...but, dang, you are going to be a master at lemon recipes. The hacking...GAH!! DRIVES ME NUTS!! I am careful...VERY careful. I understand what I need to do to keep things secure but it seems I have a hacking target on my back. I am so busy changing passwords and canceling cards and accounts these days that I haven't balanced the check book in a while. Gonna have to start monitoring that more closely now too. To me, these people are among some of the lowest life forms on earth. If only they applied their "talents" to legal endeavors...think how improved our society and lives would and could be. Praying your sister finally gets back on a healthy road and that your life stops trowing lemons at you. Hugs and prayers ~Robin~

gin said...

Oh my, as they say when it rains it pours. The most important is your sister and with you by her side she’s so fortunate. The bank
account ordeal is scary that they can happen, I’m
So sorry. Hope you get a new camera for yourself. Hoping your next post is
All
Good things going your way.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog