Thursday, November 4, 2021

For The Beauty Of The Earth

 We've had a lovely Fall so far.  The trees have taken their time in turning but that's OK because it gives us a little longer to enjoy the beauty that defines this time of year here in Ohio.  Just walking around the Pines has me so grateful for the colors that contrast against the pine trees. This week has been crisp and frost has fallen on the pumpkins!

That white stuff on the grass is frost.  It makes it invigorating in the AM!  I took a walk yesterday at Freer field. It's a great place to walk.  You can choose to walk the paved path or take a sideline trip on the paths through the woods.
I stay on the paved paths but have gone off a few times just to see what's there.

Follow the path of fallen leaves....
If you get tired there are many benches here and there to cop a squat if needed!
I sure can't deny the beauty of this place.  
When walking along you'll find many messages like this one that's asking for prayers for the names listed. All the notes written by young people sure can make you smile!.
At the end of my walk I had to agree with this one! I'm slowly building up my stamina and walked farther yesterday than I have in a while. However, I was happy to get back to the car! I finished my physical therapy sessions today so maybe they have helped me along this journey.  
When you leave the wooded area you can take a look at the trees across the field. This part of the walk is sunnier and also a little more uphill and challenging but on a cold (40de), crisp Fall morning it was all worth it.
These trees at the end of my road aren't too shabby to look at either.  Retirement has allowed me the pleasure of enjoying these days of Fall and basking in the beauty of this earth.  
I truly can be very grateful for the beauty in my own backyard.  Thanks for taking this walk with me and I hope you're enjoying Fall in your neck of the woods!  I welcome November and I know it will fly by like the rest of this year has.  I bought our turkey today for the feast sure to come in a few weeks. You know I'll have more to blog about then plus I have a little trip to visit my sister at the end of next week. For now I'll just keep enjoying the beauty while it lasts....and before Mother Nature takes those leaves back!  


4 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Follow the Yellow Leaf Road. Follow the Yellow Leaf Road.
Follow, follow, follow, follow,
Follow the Yellow Leaf Road.

Hi, YaYa!

Thank you very much for taking us along on a stroll through the enchanted woods near your home. It does my heart good to know (and see) that you are finally afforded the opportunity to spend your retirement days in peace and tranquility surrounded by the beauty of nature. It's as if the fall temperatures held off longer this year, preventing the leaves from changing until you had wrapped up the business of nursing Jack back to health and completing your PT. Now the time is finally yours, and you so deserve to get out there and bask in the glory of the season. I am buoyed knowing that you are building stamina day by day. The pictures you took are beautiful and inspiring. I see nothing like this down here, but at least there's a frontal system passing through today that will usher in the coolest air of the season over the weekend. I suppose I have you to thank for that.

I hope your trip to see Midge is a safe one and that you find her and niece dog Hope in good health and in good spirits. May you and your family continue to reap many blessings through the Thanksgiving season, dear friend YaYa!

jack69 said...

Glad to know the physical Therapy is complete, I HOPE it did help. Not always sure of the follow ups. We know that having TWO recovering in the same home is WORK both ways.
Enjoyed the walk and pics..
Sherry & jack still in NC

Julia said...

Your backyard trees are still beautiful. Ours are all bare in the front and the back yards. It's not too bad on a sunny day with blue skies but on a dreary day, it's depressant although we still have a bit of color to be found on the road to town. WE had killing frost and this morning it was -2 ℃ which translates to 28.4℉.

The path with the carpet of leaves would be my choice if I was walking with someone but I can appreciate the messages written on the paved path.

Wishing you and Jack, complete recovery.

Hugs, Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a beautiful place to walk...but I would have veered off on the first leaf-strewn path and likely never come out.... To me, there are few things better than woods in the fall... I can smell those leaves!! Our leaves here are kaput, gone (well, there are some still littering the lawn which is amazing given the winds we have been having). When the calendar changed to the new month, Mother Nature took it VERY seriously and the weather and everything else changed accordingly....(although today and tomorrow the highs will be in the 50's...but, uhmmm, factor the wind in there and it sure doesn't feel like it...but still better than the rest of the week). Sounds like we "graduated" physical therapy pretty much at the same time...glad it's over as I don't enjoy having to go in to town 3x+/wk. I will look forward to following along on your holiday festivities and preparations as it will be (another) non-event here. Safe travels on your visit to your sister...and hope you enjoy your time together. ~Robin~