Sunday, October 31, 2021

Halloween Love

 My title kind of sounds like a Hallmark movie!  Happy Halloween everyone. I hate to see my favorite month and holiday come to a close.  I wish we could have celebrated a little more but Jack's recouping was more important. He's doing well and I'm sure he'll be 100% soon!  Here's just a few of my inside decorations that will be put to bed tomorrow.  Boooo!!!

When you come in the front door please park your hat and broom here...
If you park it here you only can stay an hour or you'll be TOAD!
I keep a few shelves in the living room ready for this witch and her favorite books!

Living room mantle is lit up!
Kitchen mantle is lit up and full of little trick or treaters.  
We encourage you sit for a spell..and even give you the spell to say!
The dining room is ready for some treats to be served.
All treats are guarded by this witch I found in a resale shop a few years ago..love her!
This old gal makes me smile too.

Doesn't everyone have gravestone salt and pepper shakers? I had to get them since I do love cemeteries!
 A few of my plate collections..I don't put them all out every year, I try and mix it up!



A couple of foliage shots from yesterday. It was such a warm October that the trees took their time in changing.  We drove around the countryside seeing  how lovely it all looks. I'm sure in a few days much of the leaves will have fallen.  But that's the way of this season.  I just try and enjoy it while it lasts.
The wood pile is showing us that soon this wood will be warming us up on the cold days ahead. I hope everyone took the time to enjoy this season and had a fun Halloween. Our town does it's trick or treat night on the Thursday before Halloween so all the hoopla is over for another year.  All my witches will be put to bed and I'll look forward to seeing them next year! Booo everyone!


5 comments:

Julia said...

You sure have a cute array of Halloween decorations. Some I see for the first time. I love the broom parking for an hour. All violators will be toad. ( Darn spell check keeps telling me that all violators will be a toad) Silly spell check. I'll just ignore it. lol... I like the skull and that creepy hand too. That hand gives me the shivers.

Happy Halloween dear Yaya. I hope that Jack will be fit as a fiddle, very soon.

Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

You sure do love your witches, but all of your decor looks quite nice! Hope you had a wonderful Halloween and glad Jack is doing better. Janice

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'm stopping in for a spell, dear friend! :) You have quite a large selection of witches, don't you? I can't decide witch witch is my favorite. :) I'm going to say the purple one, because I favor the color purple. I love candles in general, and theme and holiday candles in particular. Yours are lovely. Candle light makes everything in the room more magical. Those H-ween plates are wonderful collectibles, as are the shakers. I'm sure you received many compliments from visitors to The Pines this season. I take it you will be swapping the H-ween decorations for Thanksgiving items in the coming week. Soon it will be time to celebrate Christmas and put another challenging year to bed.

Thank you for posting pictures of your changing foliage. We are enjoying cooler weather down here, making it seem more like fall, but I doubt our palm trees will be turning beautiful shades of yellow, red and orange any time soon. :) You guys are all set to enjoy roaring fires this winter. I hope you and Jack will both be in tip top shape and in fine spirits throughout the final weeks of the year and on into the next. You deserve as much.

Thank you for giving us a guided tour of your house of happy horrors, dear friend YaYa. Happy Halloween to you and your family!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy Happy Halloween Kathy!! A few more magical hours left and then POOF...gone. Boo is right...So sad. You have some fabulous decorations!! My favorites are the books!! (I know it''s considered a "teen" book, but I really enjoyed Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children... I have a small collection of vintage Halloween books...still packed away in the aftermath of WWR... :-( I also love the salt & pepper shakers....I have pumpkins but, dang...these are awesome-er...(I love cemeteries too....) Your trees there have held onto their beautifully changing colors well. Ours have "flown the coop" - although my one strange maple out front is only now turning golden...very odd when all the others are neked LOL. Hope you're enjoying the last few hours of magic. ~Robin~

jack69 said...

Thanks for the tour of the indoor decor. So glad Jack is doing well. YES in our life and times those physical things do get in the way of celebrating. Love the outside pictures as well.
Praying for continued recovering for Jack.

Sherry & jack still waiting to leave NC