Sunday, October 17, 2021

Life In The Not So Fast Lane



 Jack's been home 2 weeks and doing pretty good. He's trying to get his energy back again. He even went to work last week for a few hours in the morning. Determined!  I haven't posted in all this time either. I guess I was waiting for something blog worthy to write about! However, I'm pulling a blank! So I'll share just a few pics of the week until something better happens!
This is probably the last hydrangea bloom this season. It's been a warm October until yesterday when rains came down along with the temps. Feeling more like Fall!

The trees seem to be taking their time turning colors this Fall but this beauty in the cemetery never fails to shine.
Speaking of shining...or maybe "The Shining"? This ghoul says come and stay a while!
When you do come for a visit don't let our ghost friends stop you! Or perhaps our little buddy that is blooming in front of the welcome stone?
I'll make you some treats if you promise not to trick us!
A Dutch apple pie or apple bread if you like.

A warm cup of Witch's Brew will go nice with a slice...of bread of course!
This time of year means our little Addy Rae has another birthday. Happy 13th birthday Rae Rae! 
We were able to enjoy a fun party evening with family and her friends Saturday night. Time is flying by on this old YaYa's broom!  There's only 2 weeks left of my favorite month. Even with helping Jack recoup we've enjoyed some fun surprises like seeing our youngest....Jordan...come home from California last night for a 2 week visit! He's actually going to be working as his company called and asked if he would fill in for this time.  Since it's a paid trip on their ticket he and we were happy to have this time together. He moved last December so we really have missed him. I'm sure I'll get some pics of him in these next weeks as we gather for our annual Halloween bash at the Pines next Saturday.

A nice sunset until next time! 



7 comments:

Julia said...

What is this I hear? Nothing blog-worthy? You're drawing a blank? I see plenty of blog-worthy news.
Jack is back home *** He's even back to work*** You have a gorgeous Hydrangea bloom***
Your son is home for a few weeks*** You even decorated the yard for Halloween*** Baked an apple pie, an apple cake, and Halloween cupcakes***Not to forget Rae's 13th Birthday*** Have a great week.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Rae!!!

acorn hollow said...

I am so happy to hear Jack is on the mend yet again. What a long haul for you both.
I hope you have a wonderful visit with your son and have a great party. Ours was this past weekend at my brother in law's pictures to come later.
Cathy

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Thanks for reporting in, dear friend! I'm happy to know that Jack is continuing to make progress toward full recovery even if baby steps are sometimes required. There is something sad yet beautiful about "the last hydrangea bloom this season." It reminds me of the poem by Irish poet Thomas Moore "The Last Rose of Summer."

'Tis the last rose of summer,
Left blooming alone;
All her lovely companions
Are faded and gone;
No flower of her kindred,
No rose-bud is nigh,
To reflect back her blushes
Or give sigh for sigh!

I'll not leave thee, thou lone one.
To pine on the stem;
Since the lovely are sleeping,
Go, sleep thou with them;
Thus kindly I scatter
Thy leaves o'er the bed,
Where thy mates of the garden
Lie scentless and dead.

I love you spooky tree header image and all your other H-ween decorations around The Pines, including the creepy cookies you baked. The apple pie and apple bread have my mouth watering something terrible.

Happy 13th birthday to your wonderful grandkiddo Addy Rae Rae! I wish her a wonderful year with wishes fulfilled. Hooray - I am very happy to know that Jord has come back from California for a visit, albeit a business related trip! I hope he has a delightful stay. Perhaps the topic of my old buddy Eddy will come up during the next two weeks.

That's a beautiful sunset picture to bring the post to a close. It does my heart good to know that the news is all good on your side of the screen, dear friend YaYa. May it continue to be that way. Have a delightful week!

Deb J. in Utah said...

SO glad to hear that Jack is recovering. Everything in your kitchen looks delicious. Happy birthday to Rae and so glad you are getting to spend time with your son. Have a good week!

jack69 said...

Love the pictures. Good to hear Jack tried it back at work, he must be doing good. The fall tree is beautiful. Also a Happy Birthday to Rae. Life looks good on you!
Sherry & jack

TheCrankyCrow said...

I'm with Julia...I think you are overflowing with blog-worthy goings-on...not to mention wonderful photos to share! That tree in the cemetery is positively glorious!! I love all your outdoor Halloween decorating. I bet it's fun at dark with the lights! I have very little out this year....very little inside and even less outdoor. Your welcome stone does a wonderful stand-in for a gravestone LOL. Glad you made time to share with us! ~Robin~ (PS...pie and bread look good, but can I please please have one of those amazing cupcakes instead??? ;-) )

Prims By The Water said...

Well for not having much to blog about, you sure did get in a lot. :-) A beautiful hydrangea. So glad your son was able to come back home for a visit and Happy belted birthday to Rae Rae! Glad Jack is doing well too. Hopefully you will have a bewitching time in these final weeks of your fav month. Janice