Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Blog Lag

I've been lagging in my blogging.  It's been a weird past few weeks. We've been doing many projects around the house to get ready for visitors this summer.  We may have over done it a bit.  Jack redid 2 ceilings, helped me paint the spare bedroom, put new tires on the zero turn mower, built new raised bed boxes, just to name a few of the things.  But life has a way of making you slow down and for him it was the uproar of a back injury he had 30yrs ago.  Yep, the Chiropractor had his back go out. It's been a tough road for him and not being able to do what he had planned to do makes it even worse...at least for him.  However, he's been going to work to help others with their spine and joint problems and suffering quietly.  The remaining things that need done aren't that crucial and our boys have offered to come help with stuff that needs moved.  Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and stop and rest.  In the end it will all be good...at least he's hoping for that!  Our weather has been pretty nice and the rain has eased up a bit. Last night the temps were in the 40's and tomorrow we'll be close to 80.  Never know what to expect.  Then Ohio had an earthquake yesterday!  We're about 60 miles south of Cleveland and didn't feel it but I'm sure those north of us had a shaky surprise!  Well, this is a short post and I don't even have any recent photos.  I decided since today is my baby brother's birthday....he's 59...here's a favorite pic of me and Rick...
Some how I don't think we'll recreate this one any time soon! Happy birthday little Bro!

7 comments:

CHERI said...

So sorry about hubby's back...I am always warning mine about taking it easy and not overdoing, but does he listen??? Of course not!!! Y'all have certainly been busy. I want to have several projects completed but either can't get the motivation to do some myself and can't get a reliable handyman to show up to do what needs to be done. Been trying to get in new windows for months now. You'd think people would want the work!!!! Happy Birthday to your brother and hope hubby feels better very soon.

betty said...

Happy birthday to Rick! Ouch with your hubby's back! Do take advantage of your sons' offers to help you finish up what needs to be done so Jack can heal quickly from his injury! How interesting with the earthquake sort of in your area. What a weird year with so many different weather patterns!

betty

acorn hollow said...

oh so sorry about your husband's back. He doesnt have anyone to adjust him?
There are always lots of projects in the spring I finally got a very few veggies in the ground but not much else it has been raining here also although we had a few day reprieve.
cathy

Julia said...

My blogging is very sporadic this year and like you and Jack, I overdo it too with the yard work... Sorry about Jack's back going out on him and I hope he soon will be all better. Happy Birthday to your brother Rick. Now I'm off to cut the lawn with my push lawn mower for my exercise. Have a great day.
Hugs, Julia

jack69 said...

Imma tell you this jack can feel for your jack and his back! Lots of 'acks' there. But I remember my only trip to a Chiropractor, I practically crawled into his office with no appointment, and walked out. I can't sing their praises enough. Hope he is soon better.
Sounds like a LOT 'o work up your way and the quake in the big O is a shocker.
From NC,
Sherry & (the other) jack

Gin said...

So sorry about Jack, wishing him a speedy recovery to get back to his to-do list. Sounds like you have a busy summer coming up. Your brother was a big baby, he certainly won’t fit in your lap now I bet. Take care of Jack.

Prims By The Water said...

Happy birthday to Rick. Our nights here in Michigan have been on the cool side...nice to sleep with the windows open. Janice