Monday, June 17, 2019

Water, Water, Everywhere

We've had some pretty impressive rainfalls these past few days.  Father's Day was a real gully washer..literally washed out our driveway and made it a gully!
It looks worse in real life.  We've been planning on getting it fixed this summer with asphalt but you need warm, sunny days for that and we're a bit shy on warm and sunny.  Last week we had some sun but the morning temps were only in the 40's!  So we'll put up with it for now and with rain predicted for the rest of the week I'm sure it will be a bigger mess.  The folks I really feel for though are the farmers.
This may look like a nice lake for some fishing but it was covered in corn a few days ago..now...what a disaster.
Driving down the road to our house it looks like a causeway with lakes on both sides...yep, farmer's fields.
This was taken Sunday afternoon after the rain passed by...only to reappear this morning.  Many roads are closed and some businesses are closed as the parking lots are under water.  We even had flooding in surgery this morning. It wasn't in the operating rooms but my bosses office was a mess! Maybe it's time to build that Ark!  On a lighter note, Father's Day did turn out to be a nice afternoon and Jackie and his family, and Jordan came for lunch. We missed Phil but he had plans with his kiddos and stopped over today instead.  Craig, our son out west, called Saturday to talk to Jack because Sunday morning he was heading out to Europe on business.  All in all it was a nice day for Jack.
Our son Jackie and his son Cameron.
Our beautiful Granddaughter, Driana, stopped by too. Future nurse here!  So happy to see them and spend some fun time together.  So I hope all Dad's had a great day.  Here's my tribute to my favorite Dads:
My sweet Dad who always had a smile on his face and story to tell. I miss him every day. He passed away in 1976 at age 56...gone way too soon.
My hubby's Dad...also named Jack! He passed away in 2001,  just a year after Jack's Mom...miss them both very much.  He was a Chiropractor too and he and Jack practiced together.
These 4 characters are my brothers...(lft to rt...Rick, Jim, Greg, and Phil)...four of the best Dads ever! Love these guys!
Last but not least..my hubby and my sons who are Dads...Jackie, Craig, and Phil...These guys have wonderful families and are so much better at being parents than we were! Ha!  Happy Father's day a day late..but never too late to honor fatherhood...it's a hard job, especially these days! (Glad mine are grown!)  Have a good week and pray for those who are so devastated by flood waters.

9 comments:

acorn hollow said...

We are having the same weather so sad. We are much to cool and rainy.
Wonderful pictures of your family.
Cathy

jack69 said...

Oh yes, and I feel so blessed to have run into other Jackie's. I was told in 1st or 2nd grad that was a girls name and I had problems with it until my lat 20s. LOL Great pictures, lovely family and thanks for sharing them. You must love families that are FAMILIES!
From NC
Sherry & jack(ie)

I feel for those farmers!!!!!!! :-(

joeh said...

I've been complaining about the rain making the fairways too soft...I should probably stfu, those farmers have real problems.

betty said...

I follow another blogger who is also in Ohio and she laments about how much rain is falling especially for the poor farmers! Seems like feast or famine doesn't it with precipitation? You got a host of great fathers in your line up! Don't sell yourself short. You and Jack raised good kids and that's why they are good fathers!

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

First, thank you again for the warm welcome home, dear friend. Second, I love your header. It is a beautiful scene, one that inspires me.

I'm so sorry to learn that June has been a wash out so far, and it is upsetting to see what all that rain did to your driveway and to the farmland in your community. Farm crops need rain, but what happened in your area is way too much of a good thing. I am also sorry to learn that parking lots are flooded and some business are closed as a result. Even your hospital was affected. I hope the sun starts shining and the days warm up so that Ashland has a chance to dry out.

On a much more positive note, I am happy to find out that Jack and your sons had a good Father's Day. As always it is wonderful to see the latest pics of the grandkiddos in attendance including Cam and future nurse Driana. Thank you for posting a new-to-me picture of your great father. It makes me sad to know that you, your mother and the rest of the family have endured all these years without him. I remember seeing Jack's great dad in previous posts. He died the same year as my dad. Thanks for sharing the group shot of your Motown loving brothers and the one of you and Jack posing with your sons. You are too modest, YaYa. Surely your sons developed into great parents because they themselves were blessed with great parents.

Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend, and be careful driving through those flooded areas!

Julia said...

Wow, that's a lot of rain. Sorry for the farmers. It must be so frustrating but that's how it is with farming. It's always a gamble. Having low land is great in dry weather but not when we get a lot of rain.
I'm, glad you still had a great Father's Day celebration despite the rain. The driveway sure took a beating though. I took George to a Seafood Restaurant for Father's Day and then he had to rush to another event.

I hope that it stops raining. I've been praying every night for all those who were affected by the flood and all other disasters like tornados and wildfires but I had no idea it was so bad in Ohio. All the news I've seen on TV has been about The Raptors winning the Championship and all the hype that went with it. It has been mega celebrations and excitement.
I hope the sun shines on you today.
Hugs, Julia

Kay G. said...

That flooding! Terrible to see. However, nice to see your lovely photos. This was my fi rst Father's day without my Dad. Took a floral arrangement to his grave...red, white and blue flowers with small American flag. The little stick that held the flag wasn't quite long enough so taped it to a pencil. You know my Dad would love that!

Gin said...

I think that rain is everywhere. Hopefully some dry days are coming. You have a lot of good looking men in your life. The younger guys in your
Life have great role models.

CHERI said...

I have been seeing the horrible pictures of all the flooding on the news and it is just so sad. At the time all that flooding was going on we were dry as a bone here. However, God shined on us and we have had a good bit of rain lately, but thankfully not too much. The temps here have been so, so hot so the rain helped on those days. Glad to see all your family pics...nothing like family to bring smiles to our faces, especially those of our grandkids. Have a wonderful week!