Thursday, May 2, 2019

Slow But Sure

 Spring is making it's way to the Pines...slow but sure, and also on the end of raindrops!  We've had quite the rainfall these past weeks and the yard is very squishy!  The grass is growing at record speed and we try to keep it clipped between weather patterns.  At least it's not snow!  But the visible signs of the season are finally here:
Looking out the dining room window at the flowering trees.
I took this photo this evening and it seemed like the trees blossomed out even more than the earlier pic from this afternoon looking out my window.
When I was in Chicago last weekend I found this cute sign and knew it would be a fun addition to the front door.
Looking good with a Spring wreath.  Everyone is welcome~
My son Craig (from Oregon, Portland...right Shady?!) was in Chicago on business yesterday and stopped to see Mom. She was so happy to see him.  It's been a while since he's been there.  Wish we could have coordinated our visit but we'll see him and the family in July.  We miss them!  I got lots of outdoor work done today since I had a low census day off.  It's good to see the changes the seasons bring and also good to get outside and work and feel muscles aching!  I made a raspberry chocolate pie today too!
Yum! Hope your Spring is surrounding you with pretty flowers, lovely flowering trees that smell amazing and maybe something delish to enjoy after a hard days work!

7 comments:

joeh said...

Love flowering trees, but most to not flower for long.

betty said...

That was neat that your son could visit your mom when he was in Chicago! I get it was enjoyed by all! Alas, the trees do not bloom like this in Phoenix, but I do remember other cities we lived in and how gorgeous they were when they came to bloom. It is good that spring is springing where you are; just in time for summer sneaking in on us where we are at (98 degrees scheduled for Saturday).

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I admire your floral arrangement header, dear friend! Equipped with your new upgraded camera this year, you are better able to show us the splendor of spring at the Pines. Those trees are exploding with beautiful blossoms! What a joy it must be to glance out your window and see the lush greens and pinks, and to go outdoors where you can smell the aroma of the season. Alfred, Lord Tennyson wrote, "In the spring a young Yeti's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love." I hope your pal in the Creepy Woods finds himself a sweetie. We could use some of those heavy rains down here because it has been too dry, and we are cooped-up indoors to escape the oppressive heat. You certainly have the advantage now up there in Ohio, Ashland. Your home looks all the more inviting with that handsome wreath and "hello" sign on the door.

I'm pleased to see another picture of your dear mother, this time with your son Craig from Oregon, Portland, visiting her in Illinois, Chicago. Are you planning to head out west again in July or have Craig and your grandkiddos fly east to visit The Pines? I could eat ten, count 'em - TEN, of those raspberry chocolate pies right now with my morning coffee!

Mrs. Shady and I will be on the road today and I will be absent from blogging for a couple of days. Have a safe and happy weekend, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

you are weeks ahead of us nothing blooming here except some daffodils. But it sure looks pretty
Cathy

Julia said...

My crabapple tree is not blooming yet but my daffodils are blooming in the upper bed by the house. I 've been busy transplanting seedlings and this afternoon I may get a chance to rake the lawn.
The water has receded off the lanes and now the cleanup will begin. We are not yet back to normal.
Have a great weekend. Hugs, Julia

Kay G. said...

Hello! Love this post with that welcoming front door! Love the photo of your son and Mom! And the flowering trees are gorgeous. Have a great weekend! Tell your Mom next weekend, I said Happy mother's day!

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Those flowering trees are awe-inspiring. The chocolate raspberry pie would probably hold my attention longer though. I love the raspberry and chocolate combination! Heavenly.

Have a great week,
Andrea