Saturday, May 18, 2019

A Week Of Mondays

Did you ever have a week that seemed like everyday was Monday? What does a that mean anyway? Mondays  have a tendency to go not so smooth. Maybe it's coming off  of a lovely weekend and facing the stress that awaits at the workforce.  Maybe it's because that song said: "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down".  In surgery we face cases being added on that came in over the weekend.  Or it's short staffed because of a sick call-in.  Who knows, but this past week was National Hospital Week and frankly everyday had it's stresses, it's arguments, it's nurses bickering.  I came home on Thursday and told Jack I was a serial killer in my brain because I wanted to strangle everyone I came in contact with that day!  (Even the old dude..who was probably younger than me.. that was in KFC ahead of me in line) Plus they forgot the gravy with the mashed potatoes and the coleslaw had a chemical taste to it.  I could go on but that would just be considered whining.  So I'll end with a Happy Birthday shout out to my Momma who turned 93 yesterday.  Unfortunately, her gifts I sent didn't make it on time (of course), But one came today and another will be there on Monday..hopefully she'll enjoy them.  Love you Mom! Finally,  I came down with a little virus or something last night and felt pretty crappy and to top it off I'm call this weekend.  Whining again? Probably.  However, Jack took great care of me and I'm feeling much better tonight. Thanks Babe! So now I'm done complaining and I'm going to pretend next week is a week of lovely Saturdays...how about you?

10 comments:

Julia said...

Oh my poor Yaya. I'm so sorry you had such a bad week. I've had several days like that too. I have someone who makes me feel like you are feeling right now. I can't say a word without her going into a rage. I never seem to say the right words... She's a chronic complainer and expects everyone to think like her and do things like her and is involved at our church, and when my bucket got too full, I spilled it. lol.

I'm also sorry that you are coming down with a virus. I remember how happy and proud you were at work in that hospital and now since the new change, everybody seems to be stressed out.

Happy Birthday to your lovely mom. I'm glad Jack is there to take care of you.
I hope your day goes better tomorrow.
Hugs, Julia

joeh said...

Can't trust that day.

betty said...

Nowadays I like Mondays because I'm off on Tuesday :)

But you had a "heck" of a Monday! May your weeks ahead be all Saturdays!

The nice thing about your mom's gifts getting there late was it extended her special day and I know she loved them just the same!

Happy belated birthday to your mom! May she have many more!

May next week be kinder to you and may you feel better soon!

betty

acorn hollow said...

Happy birthday to your mom.what a wonderful milestone. You are having weeks like me retirement can not come fast enough.
Carry

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy 93rd birthday to your wonderful mother, dear friend! Are you sure that's not a typo? Are you sure you don't have those numbers reversed? She doesn't look a day over 39!

I think there should be a "leap week" every four years - a week consisting of all Mondays. Are you with me on that idea? :)

I'm sorry you turned into the Ashland Strangler in your mind, YaYa. A week filled with hassles will do that to you. At least it's behind you now and probably won't be repeated to that degree any time soon. I am also sorry to learn that you caught a bug. If I were you, I'd have myself taken off the call list and take some time to rest and recuperate. The horse-pistol can't fault you for skipping call duty if you have a legitimate reason. Your stellar attendance record over the decades speaks for itself.

I'm glad you were feeling better last evening and hope you are back to 100% this morning. Once again, happy birthday to your dear mother and many more!

Gin said...

We all have those days, but glad everyone survived your bad Monday. Happy Birthday to your beautiful mom. Hoping this Monday will be a good one for you.

Kay G. said...

Hope things get better soon! Happy birthday to your lovely Mom! Hey at least you don't have 90 degree heat!!!

Susan Anderson said...

So glad your mom is 93 and going strong! Sorry you are not feeling so great yourself and hope you recover in time for yet another Monday...

Hugs.
=)

jack69 said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by the Shipslog. We love Betty, that lady is amazing.
Anyway, thanks for stopping by the Shipslog. If I can figure how, I plan to follow here. My girl always read the blogs I follow , but only lurks she seldom comments that is why my comments are from us both.
BUT most of all, how wonderful to still have you mama and she being in her 90s. We sis not have our mom's close to that length of time, but I know it must be a thrill to have a great mom who is still around. I enjoyed the read and could feel for you.
From NC,
Sherry & jack'
PS: anyone fortunate (smile) enough to have a 'Jack' to help lick the wounds will be fine!

CHERI said...

BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!! Some weeks are like that I guess. One of my biggest pet peeves when I was working were those teachers who did nothing but complain, complain, complain!!!!! I just wanted to get in their face and say, "If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen!" Even if you are unhappy in your job, a person shouldn't try to bring everyone else down with them!!!! When I supervised student teachers, one of my pieces of "advice from experience" was STAY AWAY FROM NEGATIVE PEERS...they'll only bring you down!!!! Hope things get better...and I'm sure they will:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MAMA:) Mine will be 91 in July and still lives alone.