Monday, May 13, 2019

Post Mother's Day

I titled this "Post Mother's Day" but maybe it should be a post about Mother's day?  Anyway, I did have a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday.  I told the kids that if they wanted to come and worship me they could  come by at 1:30 for lunch...( I do hope you know I'm only kidding about the worship part!) We had a nice lunch with the boys, Evelyn, and grandkids and I didn't even pick up my camera!  Sometimes I do get busy just enjoying the day.  My son in Oregon called later that day and we talked for quite a while.  I can't wait to see them in July.  I know I'll have plenty of pics then!  I also talked to my Mom too.  She will turn 93 on the 17th and I'm so blessed and appreciative to still have her with us.  I know that Jack misses his Mom on these special days.  He doesn't talk about it much but I know how much he loved her and so did I.  I do miss her southern charm, directness, wisdom and her fabulous lemonade and potato salad!  If your Mom is still living I  hope you spoke with her or saw her on Sunday.  If she's passed away I''m sure you miss her.  Here are a few of my favorite Moms:


My Mom of course...#1 in my book.  When my Mom was 10yrs. old her mother passed away on Christmas day...1936.  She was raised by her Dad and 4 brothers.  How she had the skills to be a good Mom to 6 kids of her own is a miracle.  She's still the glue that keeps all us kids coming home to her and enjoying spending time with her.  Love you Mom!
This is my Dad's Mom...I loved my Grandmother, the only one I had, and we had a special bond.  She was funny and I enjoyed her stories about her youth and her almost opera career! (atleast that was her story and she stuck with it forever!)  She could make the best donuts and cream puffs too...She wasn't my sister's favorite...Midge claims she tried to drown her....but I still think she was pretty special!
My sister..(on the right)..is a super, wonderful mother and Grandmother.  She's my best friend and confidant too! I love her pieces and always look forward to visiting her and laughing the whole time. '
My Mother-in-law, Nelda Rae, was a classy lady, and one smart cookie...in fact her nickname was Cookie!  We had many fun adventures in her VW van as we drove all over the county hunting bargains or berries to pick!  She was a wonderful second Mom to me when we moved to Ashland. I miss her and think of her on those special holidays that she loved that gathered all her kids together. I've tried to do the same in our home now.  I hope she would be happy about that.  She passed away in Feb. of 2000.
My Daughter-in-law, Amy...she's a sweetheart and a fabulous Mom.  I love her energy and her willingness to go anywhere on a trip!  She loves to travel and we love it when we visit them out  in Oregon. She's always thinking of fun things and places to go when we come.  Love you Ames!
My Daughter-in-law Evelyn.  She's such a hard working gal that also takes good care of our son and has fit right into our family.  We love her kids too!  She's always happy to come over and spend time with us and enjoys the family holiday gatherings.  Love you Evelyn!  These are just a few of the special Moms I know.  There are many more in my family and my friends too.  I wish all of them a Happy Mother's Day! 

8 comments:

betty said...

Great moms you have (had) in your life! I hope those who are still alive get to see the tribute you paid to them here! I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

This is a marvelous Mother's Day piece, dear friend! If anyone is worthy of worship it would be you. You are indeed something special, and your whole family knows it. Bless your dear mother, and happy birthday to her as she prepares to turn age 93 on Friday. I've stated this before. Your mom is an ageless wonder, never changes, and I wish her all the best and many more happy years ahead. I am sorry to learn that she lost her mother at the age of ten, and on Christmas Day no less. As you recall, my dad died on Christmas Day and he lost his dad, my grandfather, on Christmas Day 1937 - the year after your mom's mother died. Losing her mother so young was a tough break for your mom, but she was not defeated. She didn't stay down. She rose up, persevered, and became one of the finest examples of what a mother can be. Thanks for the pictures and testimonials about some of the other special moms around the family including your dad's mother, Jack's mother, and DILs Amy and Evelyn - fine women all. The picture of you and your sister is smashing - two Miss Photogenics side-by-side.

Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

Glad you had a wonderful mother's day I miss my mom she has been gone just over 10 years.
have a wonderful week
Cathy

Julia said...

A great tribute to all the wonderful Moms in your life. I'm so glad that you were surrounded by your loved ones on Mother's Day.
It makes it that much more special.
Hugs, Julia

CHERI said...

Aren't we glad we have cameras so we can take special photos? I love old family pictures although I don't have a lot. We were too poor growing up to have a very good camera:) That is so sad about your mother losing her mother at such a young age. Glad you had a happy Mother's Day with your family.

Kay G. said...

Wonderful tribute to the Moms in your life, past and present. Such gorgeous women, inside and out.God bless them. x

jack69 said...

Now this one I love. I enjoy the older pictures even when I do not know the subjects personally. Somehow it just kicks in memories. Good stuff (and you have a beautiful mama)
Sherry & jack

jack69 said...

PS: When I see or hear of someone in their 90's I feel like a kid at 80! haha