Sunday, May 26, 2019

A Week Of....Nothing?

Last week I whined about a week of Mondays and mentioned a little virus that crept up on me. Well that little virus turned into strep throat.  So I didn't repeat another week of crazy Mondays, just a wasted week of being ill.  I hate when I'm not busy and working and getting my many projects done. But after some antibiotics and steroids...yuck...things are back to normal. Well, YaYa normal anyway!  We've had a full weekend already.  On Friday we had a church social.  One of our church members has a fabulous piece of property that he's been working on for a few years to make it a fun gathering place. He's built this himself and it's been a great place to come and enjoy a summer evening,
It started with this cabin. It was pretty primitive at first but now has indoor plumbing and electric and the inside is as pretty as the outside.
He just put up this pavilion and is almost completely done with it. It has a kitchen addition on it and that's the last part to complete.  Throw in a huge firepit and tons of good food and you have a party! We continued the party mode today.  Our Granddaughter Summer had a golden birthday last week..she turned 21 on the 21st!  So today we went to her bday/graduation from college party.
Summer and her Dad....my #1 born!
Summer and her sister Driana.
More good food...glad my sore throat was over!
Arnie enjoyed the festivities too!
Happy birthday our little Summie! You are sunshine in our lives!
This really sums her up..and I guess I didn't really have a total week of nothing..just a little delay in the plans. Tomorrow we have nothing special going on here at the Pines. Probably hitting the parade and then back home for outside work.  Takes more than a little week of nothing to stop me!

6 comments:

betty said...

Ick on the strep throat, but glad you got it treated! Happy belated birthday to Summer! So pretty! Seems like you have wonderful plans for tomorrow! Enjoy!

betty

jack69 said...

What a great place for a get away and a social. I am a big fan of do it yourself (when possible)
BUT that is something very unique for summer, 21 on the 21st.

so glad you are okay now. Strep (my wife says) is horrible!

Glad you had a great time also. Have a good Memorial day and relax.
Sherry & jack in North Carolina

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

That is a wonderful picture of your father, the ideal image to use as a header on this national day of remembrance. What a great man he was! What a fine example he set in the relatively short time he had with his wife and family. I also admire your red, white and blue sidebars.

It makes me sad to know you were poorly for another entire week, dear friend. I am relieved to know that you finally drove the bug out with meds. That is indeed a charming cabin renovated by a member of your church. With the addition of that pavilion, the property is a great place for large functions.

Happy 21st birthday to grandkiddo Summer, and look out world, here she comes! Is Summie her new nickname? I'm still getting used to Addy's new name Rae Rae. :) I'm going to need to write down all these name changes so that I remember them. Summie's smile is indeed bright as the sun. A happy hello to Driana as well. It's good to see her again. I have been watching Summie and Driana and the other grandchildren in your family grow into fine young adults - kids who were raised right - and that reflects upon you and your children. Yessum, it was fortunate that your sore throat eased just in time for you to enjoy swallowing all that wonderful food. I hope Arnie enjoyed a few scraps.

Once again, your handsome, courageous father stole the show. I know you will be thinking about him today and giving thanks that you were lucky to have such a great dad.

Thank you very much for posting that thoughtful comment on Kathleen's post last night. She and I deeply appreciate your words. Kathleen will leave a reply for you a.s.a.p. Have a safe and peaceful holiday, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

glad you are on the mend and happy birthday to Summer! Looks like you are enjoying your start to the summer with lots of gatherings enjoy today
Cathy

Julia said...

Hi Yaya, I'm so glad you are feeling better and that you are energetic enough to party on again...
Happy 21st Birthday to Summer. I'm telling you, it's incredible how quickly the girls grew up. Your granddaughters are beautiful young ladies.

Your dad's picture is so appropriate for Remembrance Day. He never grew old in your mind and is always looking his best.

The sun has been shining today so I went back to pick some more fiddleheads. I wish you lived closer, I would bring you some to taste.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

What a fun place to have festivities! Hope you are feeling better. Janice