Sunday, December 16, 2018

Celebrate!

It seems like I've been AWOL from blogging.  Like everyone, we're busy getting ready to celebrate Christmas. One of our traditions is going to Chicago and gather with family. All my siblings made it this year traveling from places near and as far away as Panama. We'll head back home tomorrow with wonderful memories and hope in our hearts to all come back next year.  As always I take pictures. My camera is still in the hospital so my phone filled in nicely.
Thankfully no illness kept anyone away...Mom looking lovely!

My neice Katie had her dining room ready. We had almost 50 attend!
Food galore 
Sweets too!
Nothing sweeter than twins!
Serious discussion?
Brother Jim hanging out with Jack
Brother Rick and my lovely sister in-law Jan.
I was there too! We'll, blogging from my phone isn't easy so I'll finish this tomorrow. I'll end with my buddy Arnie.
Happy Holidays!



7 comments:

Susan Kane said...

What a heck of a meal!! Your family is lovely.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I didn't know you went back to Chicago this week. Thanks for reporting in from The Windy City and showing us highlights of the big 50-person family reunion. I must say again this year that your dear mother does indeed look lovely and in tip top shape. How does she continue to defy the aging process? Of course, I could say the same about you and Jack! The only family members who age noticeably are the grandkiddos who seem to grow up in the wink of Santa's eye. You had a wonderful feast prepared and I hope you all enjoyed it. Are you saying that you took Arnie along with you this time? He's adorable! I hope the weather is favorable for your return trip. Please drive safely.

Thank you very much for getting something posted from your family gathering. I wish you and Jack, your mother, sister, brothers, spouses, grandkiddos, granddogs and all the other members of your wonderful family a joyous Christmas, dear friend YaYa!

Julia said...

Now that's what I call a big celebration. I would rent a hall for that many mouths to feed. Your mom still looks fantastic and so
do you. I'm so glad nobody was sick and everyone could make it.
Stay safe and warm.
Hugs, Julia

joeh said...

Good times!

Rick Watson said...

I love Christmas pictures.
Merry Christmas Yaya.

acorn hollow said...

How wonderful for your all!!!! It looks like a great time here's to a happy healthy holiday and new year
Cathy

betty said...

What a treat to have close to 50 there for your gathering!! I can't imagine the amount of food needed, but I'm sure there was plenty to go around! Your mom, as always, looks fantastic!

betty