Thursday, June 21, 2018

Happy First Day Of Summer!

My previous post was a bit of a downer but thankfully the sun did come up the next day and of course it's all good again.  First...Happy Summer! For those of us who tromp through snow and freezing days, it's a welcome time.   Second, my Mom came home from the hospital and is doing pretty good.  She had a bleeding ulcer but it's under control and she's getting some physical therapy and her strength is coming back as her blood count rises.  She's a trouper and I truly appreciate all the good words and prayers!  Father's day was nice with the kids that live here coming for a cookout of ribs and a fun call from Craig out West.
Our Granddog Kip seems to just keep growing! He's like a big muppet...so sweet and soft and loveable..but keep the ribs on a high counter!
Jack got this cool carved eagle from me and our oldest son Jack.   I found it on one of our adventures in resale shop hopping and had our son Jack get it and fix the flaws in it and make it good for the outdoors.  We're getting an outbuilding and it will look good there after we landscape around it.  Hubby looks frowny because the temps were in the 90's along with the humidity and he was ready to head indoors! Thanks for the pose Jack!  The weather has cooled back down but the rain is still coming off and on.  Yesterday Jack and went on another of our "adventures" to Mount Vernon, Ohio. It was a rainy afternoon but we had a destination in mind.  After our failed attempt to adopt a dog last month I found another little guy on Petfinder. 
Meet Arnold!  He's a rescue from KaleidoscopeK9's and was in a foster home in Mount Vernon. He's 5 according to the Vet papers.  He's super loveable...just loves riding in cars, playing with toys, playing in water and so far he seems to even love us!  He was living in the same home his whole life but the owners became involved in drugs and he was taken out of their home. 
He also loves to beg for a treat..doesn't he look like an EWOK ?  He gets groomed next week.  All that hair is a bit much for summer!
He loves Jack!
Addy and Lexi came over tonight to meet Arnold (that's been his name since birth so we kept it..although "Arnie" seems to roll of the tongue better!)  After playing and brushing his flowing locks   they are in love with him.  So all around it's been a crazy ride these past few days but isn't life like that...ups and downs?  Love seems to be the word of the post today.   Happy Summer and I hope everyone finds some love this week!

9 comments:

gin said...

You have had some happy days - your mom home and recuperating, family home for Father's Day, and a new addition named Arnold.
Life is good!

betty said...

Glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital and feeling a bit better! Arnold is adorable! I think he is a good fit for you and your family!

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

First and foremost, I am very happy to know that your dear mother is doing better and was able to go home from the hospital where her recovery will be surely be expedited. Secondly, I am happy to know that you treated Jack well on Father's Day, surprising him with that handsome carved eagle. I am always happy to see pictures of the dogs that visit The Pines, and it was great to see your shaggy and lovable Granddog Kip again. You caught me by surprise at the end of the post when you introduced your new pet Arnold/Arnie. He is super cute, a real performer with personality, and clearly Jack and the grandkiddos are already in love with him. Congratulations on giving an animal from a troubled home a place where he will be safe, secure, fed and loved, there with you at The Pines. I am overjoyed!

Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

So glad your mother is on the mend and getting stronger.
love the eagle, I am with Jack I am frowny in hot weather.
Love Arnold he is just the sweetest
Cathy

Rick Watson said...

I’m happy your mama is better. And I’m also happy y’all have a new furry friend. Armold looks like a great pup.

Julia said...

Hi Yaya, Happy First Day of Summer. Wow, that came fast... I'm so glad things have improved for you and that your mother is out of the hospital. I wish her a quick recovery.
Arnold is just too cute and I know he will be so happy at your place.

It was cool this morning for June 22 but I'm sure it will warm up.

Enjoy your new family member. Hugs, Julia

Christina said...

I'm glad your mom is doing better! I can not believe how big your granddaughters are getting. We got one of our dogs from Petfinder, too, about 13 years ago. He's 16 years old now! Maybe Arnie will live that long, too. I'm glad to catch up on your blog. It always reminds me of our days in Ashland.

CHERI said...

Arnold is adorable! So glad he found a forever home...and I'm sure he's glad too:) Glad you are smiling and enjoying time with family. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm having some issues with it but hopefully am getting things back under control! Happy July!!! Oh, and I love the way you often change the look of your blog. I'm scared to even try...took me long enough to figure how to do it way back when...and now I don't remember what I did!!!

Donna said...

Love the picture's of Jack and Arnold! He's a cute dog!cuddly and talented!