Sunday, March 9, 2014

Forward, Backward, Light, Dark

I'm sure by now we've all turned the clocks ahead.  Again.  I'm of the belief we should just leave them alone...quit all this nonsense.  But I would prefer to leave them at this change. For some reason I do better with the clocks going forward.  I'm not as tired at work and I do enjoy the lighter evenings.  Probably because I work all day and would like to see the sun for a little bit!  I have enjoyed a brighter morning, but soon it will be light at that end too.  I just have to suffer the dark AM tomorrow...while enjoying the light PM tonight. Confused yet?  Forward, backward....whatever! Each side has it's advantages. I guess we should just sit back and enjoy the view.
Sunrise
Sunset...don't worry I'm not breaking into song from Fiddler on the Roof!  I also know that about the time we think we're moving FORWARD to Spring we'll go BACKWRD and get a bit more of that:
Before we get a lot of this:



11 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Traditions, traditions. Without our traditions, our lives would be as shaky as... as... as a fiddler on the roof!

Hello, dear YaYa! Happy spring forward day to you! Nearly every day of the year, Mrs. Shady and I arise in the pre-dawn darkness. Therefore, turning the clocks ahead does not affect us as much. Like you we are happy to have extra daylight during the evening hours, but it makes it tougher to call it a night and go to bed at the scheduled time.

Hang on and be patient just a little while longer. It won't be long until you see glorious blossoms like those everywhere you look.

Have a safe and happy week ahead, dear friend YaYa!

Hilary said...

Well I was kind of hoping that you would break out in song. But breaking out in a lovely sunrise and sunset is good enough for me.

joanne said...

awwwww, come on...sing it!

acorn hollow said...

We are getting snow all week this week today some each day clocks or no clocks mother nature decides I guess. I know I am so tired this morning I couldn't get to sleep and then up early this morning.
Cathy

selvageedge said...

Those blossoms are going to look extra spectacular to us this spring, after the crazy back and forth of this winter.

Rosaria Williams said...

I used to look forward to fall, when changing clocks meant an extra hour of sleep. Now, I don't care either way. If doesn't help working folks what good is all this?

Hope said...

i'm a morning person and I waited all winter to see the light of day breaking at 6 o clock now once again i'm up in the dark waiting once more. at least i can still light my candles! :) i'm good...just getting older and more crankier! lol! love the photo's especially the sunrise and the new spring blossoms!

Laurie said...

I would much rather it be daylight later. I'm not much of a morning person. I don't get cranked up until about noon. Then before you know it, the sun is setting again. Gah!

I do love your sunset and sunrises!

Sweet Tea said...

Since I have the luxury of being a late riser this is my favorite time adjustment too. Love having more light in my day! It gives me a "Spring" in my step. (I know - bad pun.). 😁

Rick Watson said...

I've been a bad blog buddy lately and I haven't visited with my friends. I hope you have lots of trees like the ones at the bottom of your blog real soon.

Donna said...

Pics of the sunsets/rise are gorgeous! As for the time change....bah-humbug!