Look at me posting so close to my last one. I'm determined to not let this month go with only minimal posts. Time has a way of flying as you all know! Our weather has been pretty good with some cool temps. It was in the 50s last night so this morning the house was a chilly 63de. I have on a sweatshirt until it warms up later. Jack had a patient this morning but thankfully he's a sweet Amish friend that is dressed warmer that us English. I'm hoping his horse didn't poop in my new driveway! Cleaning up that is a lot different than pooper scooping Annabelle's! I've had many mornings now that I'm not working as much to enjoy a beautiful day like today. I can hear the birds singing and the neighbor's rooster crowing. Somehow that's soothing! I had a phone visit with a healthcare worker and I sat out on the deck in the morning and while she was talking the rooster next door was crowing his heart out. She thought that was pretty funny! So for this first post of August I have to announce that we have another great grandson! Our granddaughter, Summer, had her baby on Sunday. Her due date was suppose to be August 25th but Gabriel had other plans! He came in at a whopping 5lbs, 8oz of cuteness. About 3lbs lighter than his cousin, Roman, who was born in April to Summer's sister, Driana. The pitter patter of little feet will grace the pines once again!
Congrats to Summer and hello little Gabriel! I know he and Roman will be best buddies!Speaking of Roman....he's growing like a weed! Almost 4 months now. As I've said, time goes quickly!

6 comments:
Funn how those new comers don't care who says they will arrive on a certain date, they come when they decide. LOL Since the are in the dark they don't know if it is night of day. LOL
Love the remembrance of your dad. Yeah, love it. Mine lived to 69 and I thought that was old. What did I know.
Love from NC for now
Congratulations on the new arrival!
CONGRATULATIONS to Summer, you, and your entire family! Such a sweet photo of mom and baby. I've always loved the name Gabriel. And "Roman" and "Gabriel" have a nice ring together. I'm sure that they will, indeed, be best pals. My son and his cousin were and still are and there's 2 years difference in age between them. 3 months? Heck, they'll be more like brothers than cousins. Glad you're able to enjoy some more time around your beautiful home. I always have to smile when I hear any of the roosters around crow. It isn't often because I'm actually quite a ways away from both farms that have them, so it's an extra special treat when I do hear them. Off to water...again. We are so very dry here these days. First too much rain, now too little. Such is the Land of Nod.
Oh, that tiny Gabriel will be growing up soon! And his cousin already looks like he knows he has a great playmate! Yes indeed, praying for all those regarding the horrible wildfires, hope your relatives are safe. x
Hi, YaYa!
I am overjoyed to arrive at The Pines just in time to see Summer and her new baby. Congratulations to her and your entire family on the addition of sweet little Gabriel! it is also exciting for me to see a picture of Roman for the first time. (The Roman in my family, our grandson, is currently vacationing with his family in Italy where they are enduring triple digit temperatures.) I am still smiling over the combined names Roman + Gabriel and wondering if Driana and Summer or the daddies knew they were naming their children after a famous football player.
Did you inspect your driveway yet? I hope you didn't discover that it was littered with cannonballs from that Amish horse. I can just hear the Yeti in Creepy Woods crying, "It wasn't me! It wasn't me!" :)
I'm thinking about your family members in Oregon, Portland, and hoping they are not affected by the wildfires. Next Monday, I am returning with a new post at Shady's Place and hope you can come over for a look and listen. Until then, enjoy the rest of your week and weekend, dear friend YaYa!
Congratulations 🎊 👏 💐 Beautiful ❤️ photos.
Post a Comment