Monday, August 12, 2024

Fall Teaser

 The weather has been glorious this weekend.   Just a little taste of Fall I think.  Lower 70's for day and 50's for night. Just enough to make me dream of pumpkins and Halloween gatherings.  But not enough to actually decorate for that season yet! Come on, it's August and I know there are hot days ahead and maybe even a few sun burn days too.  However, the yard is finally getting green again after a few storms last week.  We got lots of needed rain but thankfully not the damaging storms Cleveland received.

Hello green grass with just a few brown spots left here and there.  I was able to mow the lawn after not getting the mower out for over 2 weeks!  I worked 4 days this past week and for me that's a lot.  My back wasn't handling it too well and after a 9hr day on Friday I was ready for some R&R.  We didn't make the BBQ that was the plan for Friday night but Saturday night we had our own little cookout and the first real fire pit night of the Summer.  It was way too hot and humid before now.
Hey, it's an empty chair just waiting for me!

Toss in a couple of hot dogs, potato salad and fresh off the vines tomatoes and it's a feast!  We're not s'more people but we did split a Hershey bar!  Well, it's late but I don't work tomorrow and I'm heading outside to see if I can spy any meteor showers. 
Night all!

4 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi again, YaYa!

I'm triple dipping here at Whispering Pines before vanishing for a few weeks. Like you, Mrs. Shady and I have been experiencing delightfully cooler temperatures in our neck of the woods, allowing us to turn off the a/c and open the windows at night for pleasant sleeping. A few days ago, we were under threat from tropical storm Debby. A weak tornado touched down a few miles from us, but we survived the storm and appreciated the significant rainfall brought by the system. Wow! Your lush green lawn looks like the 18th fairway at Augusta National. I'm happy to see that you and hubby Jack enjoyed a night around the fire pit. Mrs. Shady and I have been going out to our new patio after dark and basking in the romantic glow of the landscape lights. At one point, we actually felt like smooching, but the feeling quickly passed. :) I swooned just now when I saw the picture of your fresh off the vine tomatoes. My love of eating them stems from earliest childhood when I would sit on the back porch next to our garden with a fresh-picked tomato in one hand and a shaker of salt in the other. My mother make delicious potato salad and so does Mrs. Shady. My tummy couldn't be happier.

I hope you had a chance to spot some meteors last night. Thank you for another delightful post from The Pines and for making a nocturnal visit to Shady's Place. I'll be back in action and looking for you around the 5th of next month. In the meantime... in between time... please take good care of yourself and your family, dear friend YaYa!

(And happy anniversary to you and Jack!)

Prims By The Water said...

We like just toasting marshmallows and eating them. No smores. No fires for us yet...just too many mosquitos around still. Cannot wait til it gets cooler though. We did like having the windows open these past few nights. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

You are so right....the weather sure is tempting us with thoughts of fall. We haven't had the heat and humidity this summer like so much of the country has (including you!) but it actually turned even cooler here with highs in the 60's and I can't say I didn't put out one or two things of fall. ;-) I knew about the meteor showers but it was too overcast here to see anything. Bummer...I was so excited. They're one of my favorite things. Have a great new week ahead my friend. ~Robin~

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad that your temperatures are more comfortable. Your cook out looks like fun and the food look delicious! I hope you have a great week!