Saturday, June 15, 2024

2 Weeks On Speed Dial

 I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I posted last but more than that I can't believe how fast May and now June flew by.  Half way through June with the official start of summer this coming week gives me whiplash.  Jack and I have been working on projects in and out of the house.  The gardens are never ending with weeding and tending as well as grass cutting.  Last week I worked and also took a long weekend to go to Chicago and see Midge as well as attend my Great Niece's graduation from high school party.  

My Great Niece, Brooke, who will be attending Iowa St. in the Fall.  
My sister, Midge, Brooke, and her Mom, my Niece Katie.  Brooke is a sweet girl and I know she'll do well in college.  We're all proud of her! Plus, she's a beauty! 
The food was so good and we really enjoyed the afternoon even though it rained.  They have a huge house that's set up perfectly for large crowds. That's where we have our annual Christmas party.  In fact, this was the first time I've seen the house without a giant Christmas tree!  Here's a few pics of the cute decorations that were set up.


Nice job of celebrating a sweet young lady!  Of course the balloon arch in the first pics was a job we all pitched in to do.  I left Chicago on Monday heading for home and more things on my list to accomplish.  I enjoyed the time with Midge and family but felt bad that Midge woke up on Sunday feeling horrible.  She has a bad virus that she's just now getting over.  Thankfully, knock on wood, I haven't gotten it and she's feeling much better.  Once home I had a few days to prepare for our Relief Society (our Church's women's meeting) to be held here at the Pines.  I was worried about the weather but it turned out really nice.  Not even any mosquitoes to bug us! I didn't take any pics but we had a group gathered by the fire pit, lots of conversation and then an ice cream bar and fresh fruit salad.  It was a nice, relaxing time with a great group of women.  So all the mowing, weeding,  mulching, and food prep, mixed with working had me running on speed dial mode.  Thankfully Jack was there to help and I know I couldn't have finished it without him. Thanks Babe!  Oh yes, I also came back from Chicago with a nasty bug bite on my leg.  I've had that happen a couple of times before and I went to the clinic to have it checked out.  The NP thought could be phlebitis and ordered an ultra sound.  So the day of the gathering here I had a physical therapy session in the morning followed by the ultrasound, and then a doctor appointment in the afternoon.  (just a regular 6mo checkup)  The doc was running late and I didn't get home from a 3:20 app. until almost 5!  Then I had to get everything set up for the meeting.  I also worked yesterday.  Anyway, all was well and the ultrasound showed no blood clot.  The tech said, "No clot, looks like a bug bite".  Yep, I knew that all along.  Tomorrow is Father's Day and I know I'll blog about that later. Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Congrats to Brooke - she does look like a lovely young lady. Yikes, grads are getting younger all the time. ;-) It sounds like a hectic couple of weeks for sure. I've had a bit of that going on myself and next week is shaping up to be more of the same. I am hoping that I will be able to escape to the lake for a few days around the 4th to catch my breath. That was the plan for Memorial Day as well but it didn't happen then...or since. It sounds like you've been having some hot and humid weather... We're to get that the next few days but then back to the mid to upper 70's. Hoping the storms ushering in the tropical weather won't be too severe...and hoping you stay cool! ~Robin~

Deb J. in Utah said...

Congrats to Brooke! I hope she has much success in college. You have been super busy! I hope that you Relief Society activity went well. Glad you are dealing with a bug bite and nothing more serious. I hope you have a good week! See you again soon!

Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jack69 said...

AMEN TO DEBBY J, FROM THE GUY WHO CAN'T TYPE BUT CAN CUT AND PAST!