Sunday, April 7, 2024

A Milestone

 I guess I should have posted this a few days ago but this momentous occasion happened right after I posted for Easter so I thought I would wait.  Sometimes life speeds by so fast that it gives you whiplash. I know posting this and going through all the pics for the post sure gave me a "back to the future" vibe.  As a Mom of 4 boys this occasion has happened 3 times before.  It's that magic moment when a child turns an age that makes you say: "Where has the time gone?"  Then you look at the photo albums and computer pics and realize time has gone where it always goes...on and on if you're lucky.   My youngest kiddo, Jordan, turned 40 on April 2nd.  Now all the boys are in their 40's. Whoa!  I clearly remember and even think that my 40th birthday wasn't that long ago! Ha!  How about 31yrs ago! Jordan was the last of the clan and has given us plenty of memories to look back on and also probably most of my gray hair when he was a teen!  Oh well, all's good now and here's just a few pics for my blog/journal.  Jordan doesn't read it so I probably can say anything I want and he wouldn't be the wiser!  Nah, just the good stuff here!  So here goes:

This is one of my favorite pics of Jordan and me because it shows how big this kiddo was!  He's only 4 months old here!  He weighed 10lbs, 8oz when he was born so it's no wonder he was that big.  Funny how he's the skinniest one in the family today.
Hanging with Dad...or maybe napping with Dad?
Oh those curls.  He keeps it short now so no curls...so sad.
He didn't mind my Halloween face..his was cuter!
He enjoyed Halloween too.
A boy and his dog...Ferris the Wonder dog!  Jordan and I picked Ferris out from the local shelter when Ferris was a 3mo old pup and Jordan was 3yrs old.  (Jordan isn't 3 in this pic!)  Ferris lived to be 15 and it was a super sad day for all of us when he went to the rainbow bridge, but especially Jordan.  The only other dog Jordan had after Ferris was Eddy the boxer.  I blogged a lot about Eddy over the years.  Jordan is a dog lover and I know one day he'll get another one. 
There's that day when all of a sudden the boy starts to be as tall as the parent!
Here's typical Jordan..he always can make us laugh! He has a very dry sense of humor and a quick wit. 
Again, typical Jordan! 
One of Jordan's senior pics.  They go from little to suddenly all grown up.
From here with  his brothers..
To here with his brothers.   It's been a wild and crazy 40yrs with this boy/man.  No matter the age, the youngest will always be the baby of the family.  Happy 40th Jordan!  


6 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awww....Happy Belated Birthday to Jordan! What a great tribute to an adorable baby to a handsome young man. That first photo of you and him is incredible! You look like a movie star. Seriously beautiful. (Not that you aren't beautiful now, but that made me pause trying to think of who it was before I started reading....). And I think you've captured his humor and personality perfectly in the photos. He sounds quite a bit like my own Jordan in that department. I enjoyed this post so much! ~Robin~

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Yaya! I love all of the cute pictures and memories in this post. Happy birthday to your baby boy. My this September, two of my four will be in their 40s. My two youngest are 33 and 27, so they have a ways to go. I hope things are going well for you and your family. It's always fun to see what you are up to. See you again soon!

Julia said...

Happy belated birthday to Jordan. My first thought when I saw you and Jordan in the first photo was, I can't get over to your resemblance to Marie Osmond". Oh goodness, that was a big baby. You were a beauty and still are.

Take care. Hugs.
Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Happy belated birthday to Jordan. My son Matt will turn 40 this year too. They grow up so fast. Cute pics of him growing up. Loved seeing them all. Hope you can see the eclipse tomorrow. Janice

jack69 said...

Love the pictures. And yes the one of you and Jordon is great. Love the one from Halloween. Thanks for the trip around you past and present, that is a lot of boys in one house. Two was enough for us. LOL
Take care and enjoy the coming weather....

Kay G. said...

Happy belated birthday to Jordan! I love all these photos! I wonder how tall he is now? He was a very tall baby! Will you see the eclipse today? Folks are going crazy! LOL!