Saturday, July 8, 2023

Good Ol' Summer Time

 The official Summer season start was in June but for some reason it really feels like the good ol' Summer time when July 4th arrives.   This past week I didn't have to work and Jack and I did some yard work here and there amongst the rain and heat and humidity that is Ohio this time of year.  Along with that comes the mosquitoes that I was so hoping would not appear.  Last year wasn't bad in the bug department but this year is a different story.  Jack bought us some outdoor wear for the mosquito invasion a couple of years ago and he's put it on a few times.  I resorted to spraying down or just staying  inside!  Taking Annabelle for walks down our country road is pretty impossible with these critters attacking us so we head to the cemetery in town for our walks.  They spray in town so we don't encounter these nasty biters!

Annabelle isn't crazy about the car ride into town but does enjoy the walk amongst the...well...the dead!
We think of them as sleeping citizens! 
You can tell we've had lots of rain by how green the grass is here. I think God was shining His light down on us this night!  Or it could look a little like mountains in the background. 
Driving home from our walk we spied this above Main Street.  See it?
I was hoping it was heading for the Pines as it seemed to be on our path toward home.  But nope, it was heading for an open field to land.
A little closer to that red chili pepper balloon!  They happened to pick a nice evening for a flight.  I thought I would close here with a few final pics of my patriotic decor before it's time to take it down.  I like to leave it up for most of the Summer but some will be put away at the end of the month.
The kitchen fireplace will be getting relined sometime this Summer when the chimney guy can do it so I think these will be gone when that happens.
The bench in the corner of the kitchen is draped with a 48 star flag I scored at a garage sale years ago. Annabelle is hanging out at one of her favorite napping spots. When the weather is nice this Dutch door can have the top open and she can rest with the bottom closed. 
The blue and white tablecloth was a gift from a friend.  She knew I collect vintage tablecloths and this one matches the navy blue in the dining room perfectly.  Goes with the patriotic theme too!  Well, I have a few more days off until I work the middle of next week. I have some  painting projects to start so maybe I'll have a few more pics to share of that work in these "Good Ol' Summer Times!"


4 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Yaya. I love the pictures of your home. It looks so comfortable and homey. The patriotic decor is just great! So glad that your summer is going well. See you again soon!

Julia said...

Your home is lovely and looks very patriotic. I'm glad that you have some time off to enjoy at home. The mosquitoes haven't been too bad this year so far. I also use spray. It has showered so often that I think they have drowned but we still have plenty. One mosquito singing in my ear is too many for me. lol...

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Since the government shot down the balloon here in Michigan I have not seen any balloons here. Maybe they are concerned about possibly getting shot down. The mosquitoes are so bad here we are thinking of spraying this year. Love all of your patriotic displays and I usually keep mine up the entire month of July. Why not. Have a time time off! Janice

Jennifer said...

Such nice patriotic decor. I have a bit of it on display...but I think it is about time to return it to the bins. I love your Dutch door and have always wanted one. Maybe in the next house:)