Monday, January 16, 2023

A Little Sister Bonding

 I was able to go Wednesday and meet my sister half way between here and Chicago.  Her sweet son, Bill, brought her and Hope and we did the quick exchange at the outlet mall in Angola, Indiana.  We had a nice ride back to the Pines and had time to talk as I drove. (Jack will laugh at this part since I talk with Midge almost every day on the phone...for long periods of time!)  We never seem to run out of things to talk about and usually have solutions for everyone's problems...except maybe our own! Midge had just spent a week in Orlando at the Universal park.  She went with her daughter, son-in-law, and their 3 kiddos.  She had a good time but came back with a cold that left a nasty cough.  But she had no other symptoms so we decided to get this visit in and it was really a nice time.  Hope was happy to be back with Midge and did really well here with Annabelle.  We don't have a fenced yard like she does but she did good with the long lead we had fixed for her and I took her for walks around the Pines.  Midge needed some rest and I think that was accomplished.

We would take afternoon rest times...OK, it was naps but who's keeping score! Annabelle enjoyed it too!  You can't see Hope but she was on the other side of  Midge watching the birds at the feeder. As most of you know, my sister is on dialysis 3 days a week and we had it set up to be done at a clinic here. She's been there on previous visits.  We had a little SNAFU when her dialysis unit in Chicago sent out her blood work and it got lost.  Thankfully I was able to contact one of the Doctors I work with and he reordered the blood work needed and we got it done.  It delayed her treatment a day but all was well. We were able to take drives around the area, do some shopping and spend time here with Jack and then some of the kids over the weekend.  I think it was a restful time that she needed and that good old sister bonding that we both enjoy.  Thanks to Jack for putting up with us and helping where needed!  We had had some warm weather but the cold arrived in time to sprinkle a little snow for us.
There's a Facebook page for folks with West Highland Terriers and they post pics called: Can you find the Westie"?  Well, I ask you, "Can you find the Westie here with Hope"? 
How about here?  She blends in pretty good.  I kept calling her and Hope, ebony and ivory!   On Sunday Midge went to church with Jack and I and sat in while I taught Sunday School to my new class of kiddos.  After church my son Jackie and his wife Evelyn and my Grandson Cameron came for lunch.  We had made 2 different soups and 3 different sandwiches and brownie sundaes for desert.  Phil was suppose to come but for some reason he didn't show.  Usually it means he had to get his kids or perhaps he wasn't feeling well.  I'm sure I'll hear from him soon as to what happened. 
Midge and Jackie.  After lunch and some fun conversation it was hugs all around and time to wind down and get ready for going home today.  We left early this morning to meet Bill again at the same place and both of us were home around noon.   We always get teary eyed saying good bye.  I worry about Midge's health and always keep her in my prayers for healing and perhaps getting a kidney one day.  Time will tell. 
One of the nice sunsets the other day.  The sister time went fast as always and we wish we lived closer but we do the best we can and enjoy the time when we're together. I'm so grateful to have a sister who's also my best friend!   Good night and have a good week everyone!


6 comments:

Julia said...

It's always so nice seeing you and your sister, Midge. Like you, I keep her in my daily prayers that she gets a new kidney soon. It must feel awful to have to wait for a kidney to become available. How unsettling that the bloodwork got lost but how fortunate that you could arrange to have a doctor order a new blood test.

I'm glad that some of the family could come by to visit and that Hope was feeling at home with Annabelle.

Take care and stay well.
Hugs,
Julia


Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I was expecting an update from you tonight and got two, one here and one at Shady's Place. I'm very happy knowing that you and Midge did some face-to-face sisterly bonding and that Ebony & Ivory got along well romping and playing in the yard. Annabelle's white fur coat does indeed blend in with the dusting of snow on the lawn, so much so that your smooch pooch doesn't seem to be in the pictures at first glance. Searching for Annabelle in those pics reminds me of what was possibly my very first visit to Whispering Pines in 2013 when I spotted something in a picture you posted of your Creepy Woods that resembled the Abominable Snowman. It was the first of hundreds of Yeti jokes that I have come up with in the years since.

Midge threaded the needle the week she came to Florida, missing (I think) the worst of the two bitterly cold waves we've had starting around Christmas Eve. It is very cold down here again tonight, a "penetrating" cold. I'm sorry Midge brought a cold back up north with her, but glad she felt well enough to make the trip to The Pines and enjoy some R & R. I'm happy to know that Jack Jr, Evelyn and Cam swung by to see Aunt Midge during her stay. Midge and Jackie both look great in that picture. The picture of the sunset is probably the most stunning and beautiful your camera ever captured. It's just glorious.

Thank you for sharing highlights of Midge's stay at The Pines. I hope the two of you can get together again soon. You are very lucky to have each other and share such a strong bond. Take care and have a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you could spend time with your sister. Sounds like a really great time. Have a good week. See you again soon!

acorn hollow said...

Sounds like a perfect time. I envy how close you are to your sister I have 2 sisters and we rarely ever speak. There is no relationship at all. I do hope your sister gets a kidney soon my mom was on dialysis, and it is not the most pleasant thing.
I love naps in the afternoon and lots of great soup.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

How fun to have some sister bonding time! Hope your sister gets a kidney too soon. Annabelle looks like our Tundra in the snow. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

How wonderful that you and Midge have such a close bond...and got to share some precious time together...and the pups too LOL. We've had more ice...some rain creating even more ice on the snow and now are battening down the hatches for another storm tomorrow night/Thursday. Up to 8" they say. And you know how I love snow. Not. Good to see a post from you! ~Robin~