Sunday, November 22, 2020

The Struggle Is Real

 I thought an update on Jack was due. I've been spending my days at University Hospital in Cleveland and hoping each day would be the discharge to home day.  Jack is doing well in many aspects of his recovery but is struggling with nausea and vomiting.  Not sure what's going on. At first everyone thought it was the usual after a major surgery ileus that would pass with moving around and such.  Not happening.  Finally they did an x-ray of his abdomen that showed nothing unusual. Yesterday another x-ray and then a late night CT scan.  We don't have the results yet and so he's still not able to eat or drink except for sips of water. On pins and needles until the results. On one hand we want nothing to be on the CT and on the other hand we're baffled if nothing shows on the CT!  Certainly not a win-win. We are very, very appreciative of the well wishes, tons of prayers, super duper help from my boys to take care of Arnie who is missing his one good source of forbidden snacks.  He's always afraid he's starving! The Vet will be happy with his weight loss however! So the struggle today is real as it is in so many people's lives this year.  I've uttered the words: "Jesus take the wheel" on a few occasions and I know He has been with us on this journey.  I guess I have to let Him be the driver!  As we approach a Thanksgiving like no other, sharing gratitude on social media to flood out the negative has been an invitation from our Church President, Russell M. Nelson.  A 7 day challenge to write something you're grateful for each day. Even in the middle of our trials there are so many things to be grateful for. Top of my list is Family..love all of you!  Friends...so many wonderful people I count as chosen family! That includes my blog buddies who have been so supportive and a source of fun and information and proof that the world is truly full of good people just trying to do their best each day.  Of course my Faith is at the top also...don't know what I would do without my belief in Jesus Christ as my Savior. He steadies me and His grace and mercy are overwhelming.  So that's my thoughts today. I hope everyone is staying safe and being grateful and I hope comforted where needed in trials.  

The sunset from Jack's room.


13 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Thank you for reporting in, YaYa. Like you, I was hoping all this time that you would have Jack home by now and excited to partake of the Thanksgiving feast at The Pines. Truer words have never been spoken: this is a year like no other. I am terribly sorry to learn that Jack's release from the Cleveland hospital has been delayed and that you and your family are enduring the stress and anxiety of awaiting more test results. I pray the answers you receive from the doctors will be favorable for Jack's speedy and complete recovery. It is a blessing that you have so many family members ready, willing and able to step up, step in and take over for you while you are away from home. I know Arnie misses you and Jack. I hope the happy reunion comes soon. Please do remember that you have a network of caring friends on the other side of the screen and that we are all saying our prayers for your wonderful husband.

betty said...

Praying that Jack starts to feel better soon and the doctors can figure out what is going on. Beautiful sunset!! Knowing Jesus is walking right alongside you is always comforting to me. Hopefully Arnie will have his humans both home and on the road to recovery so very soon!

betty

jack69 said...

Thanks for the update of course, been wondering. And prayers and the best of thoughts your way. I hope some satisfaction comes from the latest tests, it is always bad to be in the dark, too many 'what ifs'.
Love sent from Florida
Sherry & jack

Jan said...

Continuing to pray for your husband and all of you.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ahhhh.....you've been in my thoughts and prayers...and sorry to read that you and Jack are not homeward bound yet. I've been in that "can't win" place...not wanting something to be wrong, but wanting something to show what's causing the problem. I pray that they find something that isn't major and relatively easily "fixable." It seems like it should be a simple thing....letting Jesus "drive," but sometimes it is the most difficult thing to actually do. Especially for control freaks like me LOL. And yes, a great idea to take time to focus on the blessings we have left even though our world seems to be falling down around us. ~Robin~

Julia said...

Oh, sweet Yaya, I'm so sorry about Jack being in the hospital with an undiagnosed problem after all he went through. I don't know how I missed your last post but you can be sure I will pray for his recovery.

You have certainly been through a lot this year. It has been a year like no other for sure. I'm glad that you have a positive attitude and a lot of faith.

Yesterday I was asked to pray for a 15-year-old girl that has been diagnosed with Wilkie SMA Syndrome which took quite a while to diagnose as it's quite rare. She had pain and vomiting and couldn't eat. It has to do with the upper gastrointestinal obstruction which caused some compression of the third part of the duodenum between the superior mesenteric artery and the aorta. I had to look it up to explain it as it's all new to me.

I'll be waiting for some good news updates. Again, I'm so sorry I missed your post.
You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

I was so happy to see you post but so sad that your husband was not home healing.
I have kept you in my prayers nightly and hope they can figure out what is going on.
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

Prayers that you will get answers and that your husband will be home and getting better soon.

Prims By The Water said...

hopefully you will find the problem soon. Sending more prayers your way. Janice

CHERI said...

I love your thoughts for today...and also so very sorry Jack is still struggling. I do pray that answers will be revealed soon and that the remedy will be swift and efficient. 2020 has certainly been one none of us will ever forget for so many reasons. I truly hope the next time I read your blog it will be filled with good news. Until then I'll be praying for Jack and for you. Happy Thanksgiving, and so thankful I am counted among your blogging friends:)

Kay G. said...

Just had a strong thought about you... I clicked on my phone to read this post! Please know I am praying for your sweet husband and also for you. I am thankful for my friends that I have met through blogging and I know you are too! I hope you feel the love coming your way through these few words typed here! The Peace of the Lord be with you always. Peace. That word just makes my shoulders relax. Happy Thanksgiving.

MunirGhiasuddin said...


I have always looked at you for inspiring and encouraging words in hard times in my life and not so hard also.

Today you have again showed me the strong Faith and Family and words from friends.

I only have the highest thoughts for you.

My friend and my extended families that I have shared and enjoyed from kids and kiddos

I do not think of you as any different from any person in my family.

My family and my prayers are with you and your hubby and kids and kiddos as well.

GOD BLESS

Regards
Munir, Ghias and kids

Val said...

My first visit to your blog. I started at Nov. is your quiet month. Then I found out it hasn't been so quiet after all. I understand. Bless your heart. I am praying for you all.