Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Paranormal

This is an unusual post for me...no pics.  That just fits the theme...not normal.  Maybe not really paranormal but this week at work has been very strange.   And it's only Wednesday!  Monday was a crazy,  wild, weird day.  That's not exactly how you want a surgical department to be.   Now, don't get me wrong, every one's surgery went fine and there are no bodies buried in the walls or anything.   But it started out with cases being canceled.  Sometimes that happens when patients get sick or their lab work is wonky.   But we had to cancel one poor guy because he was too large to fit our tables.  He wasn't too happy about that.   But the drama and confusion before hand had our heads spinning..not unlike the exorcist.  We had to close one of the OR's because the lights wouldn't work.  These are brand new, top of the line lights!  They are so bright they will burn out your retinas!  But for some reason they aren't working right.  In my room the clocks weren't working right, and when I gave a drill to the Doc during a wrist fracture it's battery was dead...after I had just checked it.  Every one who knows anything about ghosts knows they drain batteries.   Then one of the toilets in the nurses lounge over flowed...OK, that's not really paranormal but it is scary! (especially if you're in the other stall...just sayin)   Then there's the Doctors.  Holy cow, are they cranky.  We decided that they are either on a man period, or going through manapause....or if you want my opinion, they are possessed!   Then there's the missing medium size scrub pants.  Gone...almost every day! And we even installed locks on the cupboard to keep out the other departments that we thought were stealing our scrub clothes. (Of course why would a ghost need scrubs?)  Then there's the ice machine that keeps breaking.  The little lever that you push to get the ice to flow falls off.  It's been replaced, fixed, and rigged a thousand times...it still breaks.  Speaking of breaking, on Monday when I went to the archery range my bow broke!   See what I mean... paranormal! Did I bring some bad mojo home with me?   Many hospitals will claim to be haunted. Let's face it, lots of living and dying goes on in them.  One of the buildings that our hospital owns and uses for office space has a rep for being haunted by the previous owner.  There are many weird stories from folks who have worked there.   Maybe it's just been one of those weeks where things go wrong and folks are not in good moods.  Who knows, but isn't it more fun to think it's supernatural and not because we're just off our game?  If Jack reads this I know he's shaking his head and saying what he always says when I think something is paranormal..."Yep, that would be my first guess"...Hope the rest of this week goes better and I hope where ever you are it's a very normal day!  Booooo......

4 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

You raised my eyebrows and made me smile and chuckle with your tales of mystery and the unknown. Now that the iconic hospital based TV series ER is offered on Hulu, Mrs. Shady and I are watching it from the beginning. The wacky, seemingly paranormal events that are taking at your facility are similar to the ones depicted on ER week by week. Mrs. Shady butts heads with cranky doctors and anxious family members all the time. Here is my theory to explain why the doctors might be so cranky at this particular time of year. I don't think it is a man period, manopause or demonic possession. I chalk it up to the wildly fluctuating weather and cabin fever that always sets in around this time of year up north. It is frustrating waiting for spring to arrive, upsetting when a cold snap and ice storm come along to ruin the fun after a few mild days in the 70s. The doctors are eager to get out on the golf course and tired of Mother Nature's fickle moods.

This was a funny and entertaining post, dear friend YaYa. Thank you! Enjoy the rest of your week and weekend!

Julia said...

Oh my goodness, you really need a ghostbuster where you work. This is on the side of paranormal for sure. Some ghost isn't happy for some reasons. Maybe the grouchy doctors are to blame. I hope that things will go smoother today.

It sure made an interesting blog post though.
Hugs, Julia

Kay G. said...

I can only think about the guy too large to fit on the tables. Think I might re-think that chocolate I wanted to eat later.

Hilary said...

That is all pretty strange. Jack must be a hoot.. love his response. Of course, he doesn't have to deal with everything.

It's been a while since I've made the blog rounds. I try to hit one every now and then. I've miss your sweet posts. You always evoke a smile. :)