1. Why do you blog? My daughter-in-law, Amy, talked me into it! Amy's gone the way of Facebook now, and I'm blogging as a journal tool. I make my blog into book form at the end of the year and have all my posts and pics preserved for future family members who have nothing better to do than see what their "YaYa" did with her life!
2. Are you an early riser or a night owl? I start work at 7am so that makes me more of an early riser. However, I could be a night owl and stay up until all hours doing blogging or watching Hallmark movies. Then of course Jack would point out that I fall asleep around 9pm...I guess I'll stick with early riser! (except on weekends when I get up around 8am!)
3. What's your favorite smell? This is funny because Jack always says I have the most sensitive smeller around. I can smell foul (or fowl) smells a mile away! But I do love the smell of cinnamon or homemade bread or flowers....can I have more than one fav? Oh wait...let's not forget bacon!
4. If you're feeling sad what's the one song that you could play or sing to make you happy again? John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy"...seriously. I would never sing it though..that would make many people very sad.
5. When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Many days I ask myself "Who in the heck is that looking back at me?!" I'm surprised to realize I'm 61...where in the heck did that crazy kiddo go? Time goes fast, but most of the time I like what I see...can't do much about changing it anyway!
6. How would you describe your personality? Wellllllll....years ago I would have said I have a good sense of humor....easy going....witty....a good listener...not a genius but not an idiot either...Today I would say...I'm more like Maxine the old lady cartoon gal with the big sunglasses, little dog, and says things like " I'm as American as apple pie, if you don't mind a little extra crust."
7. Name something you accomplished in your life through sheer determination. I think everyday we need determination to get through the hours we're given on this Earth..to have a positive attitude takes determination. I haven't had to overcome a bad addiction, or abuse or disease...not yet anyway. But getting through school, marriage, buying a home, raising children, working in healthcare...all take a bit of determination. I'm sure I'll have many more things to get through before I'm done!
8. What do you consider the most important world or national event that has taken place in your lifetime? The invention of VELCRO...where would we be without it?
9. If you had to spend the rest of your life in a different century, past or future, which would you choose? I really like indoor plumbing and air conditioning and ibuprophen so going back in time might not suit me. But the early 1900's calls out to me...those big Victorian homes and the dresses...except for corsets!
10. If you had to speak extemporaneously for 1hr about anything, what would you choose? How the practice of medicine has changed for the good and the bad in my time.
Well, there you have it...the onion peel of me....and I want to thank Shady again for making this possible...now I know I'm suppose to nominate others for this award. I have a slew of great blog buddies out there who deserve it more than me. But instead I'm throwing this out to anyone who would like to answer any of the questions that I posted here...let me know what you would have said! Take this bouquet of Sunflowers and give it a try!