Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fri..Sigh..Day

This was a very weird week. Emotional, busy, tiring...you get the picture. After work today I was wiped out. When I mentioned I had the taste for a burger (yes, I'm a carnivore)..Jack went into action and built a fire in the pit. It was cooler and the perfect night for it. So very relaxing to sit around the fire and just talk and be silly and have a little together time. The food was really good too. So now I can finish out the weekend in a better frame of mind and get ready to tackle the next obstacle that flies my way. After the fire was up and running the burgers and taters went on..with Eddy the boxer on the look out for anyone or thing that might steal the precious meat...yes, he's a carnivore too!
Cook away my little beauties!
Yummo...this is the perfect burger...no wait...
OK,this is the perfect burger...even if it does look like it's tongue is sticking out!
Now the fire is sizzling nicely. So peaceful...
Want to see why we look so silly in this photo? Watch and listen to the dumb video..

14 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Glad you got some fun in with your honey last night. Mine is camping in Tahoe with the singles ward.

"/

PS. Home Sunday night. They're even going to church up there. Should be fun, actually.

PoetessWug said...

*Teehee*..My hubby likes your boxer. I like your burger!...And your poem?! I'll reserve judgement until I hear the rest of it. There must be a chorus that follows...right?! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Well, I like your boxer and your burger!

And thank you for the comment on my blog!! ☺☺☺

CHERI said...

Isn't it wonderful to have someone to be silly with? That fire looks so relaxing...if I were there I'd bring along some marshmallows for roasting (yummy)! Glad your week is over and you had some time to relax and unwind. We are MEAT lovers too...hubby grilled 2 big filets for supper and they were sinfully delicious!!!!

Donna said...

Why does that video seem X rated????!? Ha! That Jack gets more handsome all the time! Looks like he makes a great burger too!!!

Rosaria Williams said...

Now, those are great pictures of how to have a good time outdoors.

Stacy said...

It's nice to take time to relax once in awhile. I'm glad you got to be silly and let some cares melt away.

Joella said...

Love your cute little blog ! We live in Ontario, Canada and spending family time at our cottage on wabigoon lake has given us so many great memories. Hope you enjoyed your camping trip and look forward to reading more of the same :)

Rose said...

i envy you much as my husband tries, the food is almost burnt if i don't nag. glad you enjoyed this secial time. one time our dogm micki, stole a raw chicken breast. you have to watch those babies. have a good sunday. rose

Cheryl said...

Now that's definitely my idea of "take out" - mouth watering and I love the fire video. What a wonderful way to end the week! Hope you had a super weekend and are ready for a great week.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Great post so glad you shared this with us.
Now I am hungry for a hamburger...you thought I was going to say a man right. haha
Love ya
Maggie

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

As my mama would of said, "you are a poet and didn't even know it." I'm so happy ya got to spend some sweet time with your hubby!

BEW: I'm carnivorous too, wonderful lookin' burger. Did Mr. Boxer get on too???

God bless ya and have a marvelous day girl! :o)

Rose said...

sneaking back thanks for your comment re history of my home. i don't know what's up with the balls. kathy reflections shared the same. we never would know anything re this house but a strange bunch of happenings filled in the blank. hope you and your family are well. take care rose

Karen Whittal said...

What a fantastic way to end the week and start the weekend, be blessed, great to see two people still so in love.