Thursday, September 24, 2009

TGIF!

Ahhh, someone else for Eddy to pick on...
Looks much better than it tastes...well, actually it tastes alright, just not wonderful...
Welcome Mom and Midge, hope you're rested! If not, here's a nifty chair that I redid to sit down and relax a spell. It sat in my garages forever. It's a nice oak chair and I thought it would look great by the fireplace in the kitchen. I moved the rocker that was there so the walls wouldn't get banged up again from the kiddos rockin' away!

My weekend actually started today. My Mom and Sis (Midge) flew in from Chicago to spend a quiet fall weekend in the quietest, fallest place they know. ASHLAND! (sorry about shouting) We are hoping for good weather, fun times at Malabar Farm for the first festival of the year and perhaps to even visit the Ashland County fair. (Hope they can stand all this funness) (I love making up words that only make sense to me) Eddy is in heaven...fresh meat, I mean people, that he can charm, drool on, irritate, and maybe get his fav "butt" rub from. So far so good! I had to make a new recipe. It's called caramel apple upside down corn meal cake. It looks divine but the cake part is different and not as sweet as it looks. When you can't make up your mind if you really like it, I'd say that's a "better luck next time" recipe for sure!

3 comments:

Phil and Amanda said...

YAY!! We'll be seeing you guys tomorrow! You should head to the fair...they have some YUMMY Gyros! Although I bet you guys could whip up some even better ones faster than you could dial my number to have me come over and taste test them!! ;-)

I think that caramel apple cake looks delishhhh. (You're not the only one that makes up words.)

Donna said...

Boy, that cake DOES look scrumshious...a made up word too! ha! It was nice to see Midge ands Mom today...they look great! Have a wonderful Fall festival weekend!!!

Amy and Craig said...

that cake does look awesome, but I guess my theory is, if you don't absolutely LOVE it, you might as well save the calories and try another recipe next time. it sure is pretty though.