Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ice Bucket Challenge

Oh yes I did.  I took the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and thought I would share with all of you!  If you haven't heard of the ALS ice bucket challenge than I'm assuming you've been a prisoner of war or in a coma.   It's been all over Facebook.  You are challenged to dump a bucket of ice water over your head and then donate $10 to ALS research.  There's no cure for ALS and most die within 3yrs of diagnosis. One of our Doctors Dad passed away a few years ago because of ALS.  The operating room staff decided to get on board and take the "plunge" so to speak!  The money we collect will go to ALS research in honor of Dr. M's Dad.  We challenged 2 other departments in the hospital to do the same.  Here's some pics of the results.  I'm not going to post the video but I'm going to assume it will appear on line shortly.  I'll just say this: IT'S DANG COLD!!!!  I'm second from the right...
On your mark....
Get set....
GO!!!
Holy Smokies...we're nuts.

14 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I got the shivers simply looking at the photos! You gals are a class act. Way to go!!

Willow said...

Shiver me timbers ~
that does look like it was cold !

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'm proud of you...all of you. You ladies are genuine troupers for accepting the challenge and drenching yourselves with ice water for this very worthy cause. I'm sure the exhibition staged by you and your colleagues will inspire many other groups to get involved (and soaked).

I just hope you aren't all sniffling and sneezing by now. Take care of yourself. dear friend, and I'll connect with you again soon.

Julia said...

You babes are #1 in my book. I hope it was a warm day. A great act of charity and caring.
You girls (((Rock))).
Hugs,
JB

Kim said...

That's great! My old neighbor Ruby died from ALS several years ago. Such a horrible disease. I hope this initiative raises lots of money for research

joeh said...

Well done!

betty said...

Good for you and your fellow departments to do this!

betty

Cindy said...

I love it!!! My kids have done it and I've also made sure they watched a video of what ALS does to people. The awareness and funds make it so worthwhile!!

selvageedge said...

I love that your heads are all covered and your feet are all bare. What's up with that?

yaya said...

Vicki, We wore our hats because it's part of our surgical garb...we can't wear our work shoes outside and we didn't want our street shoes to get wet...I won't go into who had bras on and who didn't! Ha!

rjerdee said...

Holy Smokies...you're great!

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Looks like fun. I would be proud just for having the guts go with it.

Susan Anderson said...

Somehow I'm not surprised that you all did this together. If I lived in your neck of the woods, I would want every surgery done by you guys.

=)

Hilary said...

Yay for you, YaYa.. you're a true gem!