Tuesday, January 16, 2024

JanBRRRRary

 We're pretty darn chilly here at the Pines.  I think it's 8de here this morning with a little snow that fell during the night.  It was cold all weekend but having this:

Sunshine!!!  Yes, even when it's bitter cold if the sun is shining it's a great day.  We had so many gray, cloudy days leading up to this weekend that it was so nice to see blue skies:

Look how pretty that sky is.  Can you see Annabelle's potty path? Ha!  Luckily she loves this weather. Cold, snow, or rain doesn't seem to bother her but throw in wind and she's heading back to the house. The sound of it really bugs her.  But she's up for a walk any time I feel up to a walk.
She gets her warm little coat on and is ready for the day.  When we first got her I always put little booties on her paws to protect them.  If you remember she was a puppy mill mom and spent 7 years in a kennel and when we walked her paws would bleed.  But now she's a seasoned walker and her paws are good to go.  However, if we were going to be out in the snow a long time I would put them back on.  
I must be honest here.  One of her other favorite activities is curling up on the couch with me and having a nap! If it's morning we call it "snooze with the news" time.  I put on the Today show and she and me can be out for a little nap time.  This cold snap has the wood burning furnace up and running and keeping us warm and cozy.  It's a lot of work to heat with wood but you can't beat that warmth and the electric bill is great too.  We also like to make sure our feathered friends have some chow to keep them warm.
I had to de-ice it once but then they realized the Pines cafe was open!
Whoa...this guy might need some help on take off!  Look at his cute chubby belly!  Well, to end this weather & bird post I have a little riddle.  Do you know what this is?
This is one of the Christmas gifts I got from Jordan.  Hmm...It took him explaining it to me.
It's a book marker and a place for a cup of tea or whatever. The little hole on the left is for a pen. You see, I love word search so he also got me a word search book and then I can keep a pen there and under the wood tent area is a spot for my phone! Yes, my son knows me!  I love to read or do word search and a cup of tea or cocoa is great but I'm also leaving my phone everywhere so now I have no excuse for losing it!  Thanks Jord!  So that's about all that's happening here at the Pines.  This month is half over already and soon we'll be into the short month.  I hope we're getting the bad weather now and will be able to sail through February without icicles hanging on our eyelashes!  Brrrrr!

7 comments:

jack69 said...

Okay I learned somethings today. I did not know that about dog paws.. I am glad that part is cured. What a unique book marker, I would have needed it explained too.
Stay warm, too cold for me that is for sure.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'll be returning to active blogging duty this Thursday when I present my first post of 2024, but I couldn't resist coming to see you early, especially since you posted pics of my sweetie-pie Annabelle. That shot of her getting ready to snooze on the couch is the best picture I have ever seen of her. The little coat she wears to go out and pee in the snow reminds me of the one Mrs. Shady made for our Toto years ago. Florida winter is nothing like northern winter, but we did have some cold days with fierce winds, and Toto loved being outdoors in those harsh conditions. She was always reluctant to go back into the house with me. Thank you for posting those images of the birds that visit your feeder.

Here at our new home, Mrs. Shady and I are happy to see the second snowfall of the season. The white stuff started coming down yesterday and continued off-and-on through the night and this morning. Today's high will only reach the freezing mark, then plunge to a low of 14 tomorrow morning. Believe it or not, I usually make the quarter mile walk to the mailbox and back without wearing a coat, just so that I can experience the pure joy of being up north and away from steamy Florida. I am loving this weather!

That is a wonderful gift from son Jordan! The best presents are those that reflect how well the giver knows the recipient's needs, joys and preferences, and Jord hit a home run with that unique item.

I hope to see you again this Thursday, Friday or Saturday during my active status on the blog scene. Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend YaYa!

Kay G. said...

That darling Annabelle! My in laws had a "Westie" named Barney. Such a darling dog!! Your snow!! You can keep it! LOL!!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Winter has settled in well and good here in Nod....-28º windchill this morning and I don't think it got above 0 (real temp) today. The wind is just relentless... Usually it dies down at night, but not at all these past several nights. I've had space heaters going in very parts of the lower level to hopefully avert frozen pipes. Little Miss Annabelle is so very sweet. I'm glad she's "acclimated" to her new life and world. She hit the jackpot me thinks. ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Snoozing with the news is a great idea! Annabelle is cute in her sweater. Tundra is a snow dog and even I am worried about his paws right now with the single digit temps we are having too. It surely is JanBRRRary. Janice

joeh said...

Nice gift, but does it work with a Kindle? Never thought abut it, but with their sensitive hearing the wind could really upset the doggies.

Julia said...

Sweet little Miss Anabelle is well taken care of at your place. No wonder she likes to curl up and nap beside you while watching TV.

When I saw the wooden gift, I thought it was a birdhouse, and I'm glad that you explained what it was.

Our weather has been rather on the mild side for a change and we had about 4 inches of snow overnight. I'm noticing the daylight time is already getting longer every day. I can't believe we are already January 17th. I can't keep up with the calendar. Spring will be here before we know it.
Stay warm and well.
Hugs, Julia