Thursday, June 29, 2023

Hazy Days

 You know that old song about lazy, hazy days of Summer?  Well, I can't say anything about the lazy part as I've been working more than I really want too but the hazy part is easy.  The haze has descended from our friends up in Canada.  I believe from Ontario.  The fires are burning and many of the states up here are getting the effects of the smoke.  When Jordan was living in California there was always fires and haze but he said it smelled like a campfire.  Not here!  It smells like burning plastic!  I was hoping for Canadian bacon smell or even Maple syrup but  it's not to be.  I feel bad for those in Canada suffering from the fires and not sure how it happened but I'm  hoping for some clearing as rain is coming this weekend.  I wanted to get one last post in before June has flown the coop.  Once July hits the Summer seems to fly by.  So  have a good weekend everyone.  I'm working tomorrow but not at all next week so I can get my painting projects going.  Bye Bye June!  Here's a few hazy pics for you:

This is how the sky has looked all week.  No rain this day just hazy smoke.
Doesn't look quite as bad when I got into my driveway. Maybe my pine trees have sucked it all in!
We have had rain on and off all week but I was able to squeeze in a walk with Annabelle the other  night and scored a quick pic of a rainbow.
No pot of gold at the Pines but the rainbow made me smile and that's just as good! 
Night all!



5 comments:

dkzody said...

The Canadian fires seem to be affecting so many. We have had these bad forest fires in California is past years, as you mentioned, but hoping this year will not so bad. We have had so much snow that the forests are not as dry, however, there is lots of dried grasses. If a stray fireworks gets away, there could be some bad fires.

TheCrankyCrow said...

It has been crazy hazy here too.....and the smell a mix of campground and the chemical smell. Unfortunately, no more rain here - we had some heavy rain last Saturday night into Sunday but that has been it - and none in the forecast except for a minimal chance Tuesday/Wednesday of next week. Everything is so very dry. Enjoy your Independence Day celebrations - and good luck with the painting! ~Robin~

Julia said...

Dear Yaya, I'm so sorry about all the bad Canadian smoke which is drifting your way. Usually, it always comes this way to the East but the weather pattern is all mixed up.
There is so much smoke that it's drifted all the way to Europe.

Here, it's been raining most every day. It's been difficult to get planting and weeding done this year. My son only cut a small field of hay and has been unable to cut any more. It takes three sunny days to cut and bale dry hay otherwise it gets moldy and unusable for animals. Luckily, we have a lot of last year's hay in our three hay barns.

I hope that you can get your painting done and some little rests in between.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Yeah I was wondering why the smoke smells like plastic myself. Are they not telling us something???? It is still hazy from the smoke here and we try not to stay outside for long. Janice

J. S. Vila said...

With the light of the SUN (correction of letters). Have a nice month.