Saturday, August 14, 2021

Chillin' In Chitown

 I drove to Chicago on Wednesday so I could be here to help my sister who had surgery on Thursday.  I'm holding the fort down and taking care of her dog, Hope.  The surgery went well and she's coming home today. They told her 3-5 days but she was doing so good she could leave earlier than planned.  Dialysis had to be done today before she could leave so it makes her homecoming a little later.  I'll probably be heading home on Wednesday if she's doing well. I miss Jack and Arnold.  Hope has been a good pup, but I'm not used to young, energetic dogs since we've rescued senior dogs the last few years. But she's does have here chill mode too!

My sister had a beautiful fence put in this past week.

It encloses the back yard and besides looking great it's good for Hope to run all she wants!

Many neighbors have stopped and complicated her fence and yard. This is the house we grew up in and although it's 70 yrs old this year it's been very well taken care of between Mom when she was living and my sister who's lived here and took care of Mom for 13 years. So, that's all I have for now. The weather has improved since all the crazy storms and even a tornado that came through last week. Glad I missed it! I prefer chillin' to stormin'!

7 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I am very happy and relieved to see this update from you there in the Windy City, dear friend! It's a blessing that Midge came through her procedure in fine form and that she was discharged from the hospital sooner than expected. Thanks for showing pictures of "niece dog" Hope. She's a black beauty. I know you miss Jack and Arnie (and Yeti), but Midge needed a helping hand, and you, a fine sister, have never been one to shirk duty and responsibility. In that respect, you are exactly like your dear mom and dad. I also admire Midge's handsome white picket fence around the yard which allows Hope to romp and play and gives grownups inside the house peace of mind that she won't run off if left unattended. Hats off to Midge and your mother for keeping that aging house looking so good. I hope the weather is favorable for your return trip next Wednesday. Please drive safely.

Tell Midge we are all rooting for her and wishing her a speedy and complete recovery. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, dear friend YaYa!

joeh said...

I do like that fence. I love dogs, not sure I could handle a pup though...maybe for a day or two, nice big yard must help.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wishing you safe travels home....It was sweet of you to be there for your sister. Her fence (and yard) look awesome! I often wished for a fenced yard when our dogs were of roaming age, but the yard is just too large to do anything workable...now it no longer matters.... What a comfort that your childhood home is still in the family and so very well cared for. ~Robin~

Julia said...

It's so nice to hear that Midge has had her surgery and is doing so well.

I love the picket fence too. I think you meant to say that the neighbors were complimenting her on the new fence. A fence makes good neighbors.

Being away makes the heart founder and I'm sure Jack and Arnie are missing you too.
Have a safe trip back home.
Hugs,
Julia

jack69 said...

It is always good to have family who can and will take time to help during times like this. Not everyone will.... Bless you and I know Sis appreciates it (along with Hope!)
Sherry & jack East in the Heat.

Prims By The Water said...

Glad your sis is doing ok. Have fun in Chi town and have a safe trip back. Love that new fence. What a beauty! Janice

Kay G. said...

Oh my, that fence is indeed beautiful. Tell your sister that she has good taste!!