Sunday, May 9, 2021

Mother's Day And Birthdays

 May is a big month for gifts around here.  We have #3 son who's birthday is today and I always tell him he was the best Mother's Day gift I ever got! Happy Birthday Phil!  May 7th was our Granddaughter Lexi's 15th birthday. Oh my, she's growing up so fast!  She's an amazing young lady.  So smart and sweet and a wonderful big sister to Rae Rae!  May 12 is our Granddaughter Katie's 19th birthday.  Sure wish she and family lived closer to us. We'd love to spend special days with her!  May 21st is our Granddaughter Summer's 23rd birthday.  Now we're getting up there in the ages! But May is also Mother's Day.  A big Happy Mother's Day to all of my blog buddy Moms!  It's a bitter sweet Mother's Day for me since this is the first one without my sweet Mom.  Last year, thanks to Covid, Mom couldn't have visitors in the rehab facility and we did a Zoom with all of my siblings.  It wasn't a good day for her and she just wanted to come home.  I cried after that and felt it was a horrible Mother's day.  Her birthday is also in May.  May 17th and last year she turned 94.  I was out in Chicago and we stopped by and dropped off her gifts and flowers but it wasn't the same.  Mom came home a week later finally and we were so hopeful that she would continue to recover and we'd be celebrating Mother's day with her this year along with a birthday for turning 95.  But it wasn't to be as she passed away a few weeks after her birthday on May 29th.  So I will remember Mom fondly and all the things she taught me over the years.  I'll remember all the phone calls and the times we got together with my sister and laughed ourselves silly and talked until the early morning hours.  Her talents were many and I always said she was the smartest woman I knew.  She was fearless, loved to travel, a wonderful cook, and a fabulous seamstress.  She was a smart business woman also and my siblings and I were sure lucky to have her as our Mom.  Happy Heavenly Mother's Day Mommo! Sure miss you.  

Mom and Arnie.
Phil and his girls...Lexi in tan and Rae Rae in red. 

Miss Katie!

Summer...who we always say her personality is bright, warm and fun just like the Summer season. Happy May birthdays to everyone and I hope it was a lovely Mother's Day also.  If your Mom is still with you, hug her and know you are blessed!

10 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy Mother's Day, dear friend, and happy birthday to son Phil, and happy 15th b-day to grandkiddo Lexi! Shucks, Lexi was just a little girl when I started following the adventures of your wonderful family. Also, happy 19th birthday to grandkiddo Katie out there in Oregon, Portland, if I recall correctly. And Summer will be age 23? You must be joking, YaYa! Summer was just entering her mid teens when you introduced her to me as a newbie to your blog. Our granddaughter celebrated her 24th birthday on Cinco de Mayo and Mrs. Shady and I are scratching our heads wondering where all the years went.

Yessum, this is the painful first Mother's Day you needed to endure without your dear mother. I wish it were not so. I loved your mother and always looked forward to seeing the latest pictures of her. You also have your mother's birthday coming up on the 17th and the date of her death at the end of the month. On my side of the screen, in addition to our granddaughter's May b-day, Mrs. Shady's birthday was May 2, our grandson's b-day is May 18, and as you might recall, the date of Margaret Schneider's death is May 26. Goodness gracious, what a busy month May is!

Thank you for sharing those recollections of your mother and all she meant to you and Midge. I wish you could pick up the phone and call your mom as you always did. You sure were lucky to have her as a guide and role model. Thanks for the wonderful picture of your mother posing with Arnie during happier times. I also appreciate seeing a pic of birthday boy Phil, Addy Rae Rae and Lexi. Katie bears a striking resemblance to our granddaughter! Thanks also for the latest picture of Summer, clearly a young woman who is going places.

Thank you very much for bringing us up to date on all these May milestones around your family. Give thanks for the mother you had, YaYa. You were very fortunate and you are making her proud each and ever day of your life.

Once again, happy Mother's Day to you and to the other mothers around your family, dear friend YaYa!

joeh said...

Happy Mom's day!

betty said...

Lots of birthday wishes being extended to all in your family celebrating May birthdays! I truly think Mother's Day is different after our moms have passed away. I hope you had a good day despite it being the first one without your wonderful dear mom! Happy Mother's Day!

betty

jack69 said...

It is funny or strange how some months are loaded with celebrations and events. Sherry keeps up with them here. My memory for dates never was great, but as the years of our winter come on mine is worse.
YES if one still has a mom with them that is wonderful and should be appreciated to the fullest, mothers are SPECIAL......!!!!
NICE FAMILY PICS
!
Sherry & jack in NC

Kay G. said...

Your lovely Mom, you sound very much like her! God bless her memory. xx

acorn hollow said...

Happy Birthday to everyone! I lost my mom lots of years ago and it is still very hard.
It was a nice day I went hiking and will see my daughter this coming weekend.
happy Belated mother's day
Cathy

Susan Kane said...

May is the time for birthdays in your group! December is ours.

Prims By The Water said...

Lots of May birthdays in your family. My granddaughters birthday is May 11th. Only May birthday for us. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Janice

Julia said...

Wow! That's a lot of birthdays in May. We all miss your Mom. She always brightened your blog post when she was on there. I still have her on my prayer list along with my mom and dad and every morning when I pray, I call her Yaya's mother. I'm sure God knows who I mean. I'm still praying for Midge also.

Happy Birthday to all the folks who are having birthdays in May. That's a lot of birthday cake to make.
Hugs,
Julia

gin said...

Happy Mother’s Day to you, happy happy happy birthday to all those “kids”. I know it’s sad to not have your mom for her bday and Mother’s Day. My grandma was my mom and I’ve missed her for many years now .