Sunday, April 11, 2021

Projects...Gotta Love Them

 I thought I'd better do a post so you wouldn't think I had another crazy thing happen in our family!  I got my stitches out on Thursday. The surgeon was very pleased with with how nice the incision looked. Basically saying: "Gee I do good work!" Ha! He was also pleased with my range of motion. I was happy to get what I lovingly called my "boat anchor" splint off.  I have a lovely velcro splint that can be removed for showers and putting ice on.  Makes life much easier.  I even went out on Saturday  and cleaned out a couple of flower beds.  I'm not letting a couple of broken bones stop me! Well, they did slow me down but now I'm excited to see if I can mow! Jack and the boys (Jackie and Phil) worked on a project in the front sidewalk area. We needed a new retaining wall and they got that fixed up nicely. Jack had done most of the prep work done ahead of time so that made it go quicker.

Old wood out before the plants were completely grown in.
My two favorite Jacks going over the plan. 
Get out the big guns!
Go boys! 

There's tweaking that needs to be done...dirt filled in and a few other things but I was happy to see this project off the to do list. I'm excited for plants to grow in and in May I'll get more color with annuals. Even though we've had beautiful weather so far I don't trust Mother Nature to not send us another snow surprise! I'll get after shots later in the season. It's fun to see how green everything is getting. Have a good week!


9 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Yessum, I'm happy that you filed this report, dear friend. It's good to know you had a week of positive developments beginning with the removal of the stitches and cumbersome splint. I'm delighted that your procedure was a success and you can start to resume normal activities such as tackling projects at The Pines. It was nice of sons Jackie and Phil to swing by and help Jack build a retaining wall. I can't wait until you post pictures of your gussied up front sidewalk area with plantings growing vigorously and bursting with color. It was nice to see your boys working in shirt sleeves. I hope you've seen the end of snow for the season.

Take good care of yourself, continue along the yellow brick road to recovery and have a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad that you are healing up. Your yard is looking great. So nice that you have sons who are willing to help you out. It's always nice to see what is up in your neck of the woods. Have a good week. :-)

Julia said...

I'm so glad that you are healing nicely. Wow, your grass is so green. Mine is still brown. You're lucky that your men are helping you with this great project. I have so much yard cleaning to do, I better get to it.

Take care and stay well and energized.
Hugs, Julia

Susan Kane said...

Happy you are on the mend. Obey orders.

joeh said...

Not much to do in a townhouse. Now that I am retired I kind of miss those little projects.

Prims By The Water said...

I never plant annuals until Memorial Day here. I do not trust Mother Nature. Go Jacks GO! Janice

jack69 said...

Smiled at your view of the Doctors report. LOL Glad you are mending well, I am sure you are gonna be very careful for TWO WEEKS, try to make it longer.
Lotta work in that project, but we like the looks of the result.
Love from a sunny Florida.
Sherry & jack

CHERI said...

Sounds like you are coming along well...PTL:) Your planting reminds me I need to get out in the morning and water plants and flowers...now that's a chore!!! Hope you will soon have your project finished and lovely flowers will greet you every day:)

betty said...

Oh wow, I had to read back a few posts to see why you had needed stitches. Ouch with your fall and your injuries and your subsequent surgery! Glad you are making good progress in your recovery and I know you'll continue to follow doctor orders in the coming weeks ahead. Great project with that retaining wall. It always amazes me how green other places are.

I'm back to blogging after a much needed blog break with a new blog.

https://winslowscornerofarizona.blogspot.com/

No obligations to follow along :)

Enjoy the weekend!

betty