Sunday, April 25, 2021

I Hate To Do This

 I hate to post another weather phenom but next year when I go back and read what the weather was like in April I might want a heads up to not move the snow shovel off the deck until June.


On Wednesday last week, the 21st, we got 6 inches of snow.  To make it a perfect day I had to get a root canal that morning.  Yep, doesn't get more perfect than that!  The root canal was a breeze and by Friday the snow was gone and my neighbors were mowing their yards. Welcome to Spring in Ohio! 

The blossoms on my Dogwood near the deck were laden with the white stuff and I don't think anyone would have wanted to dine alfresco!
The roads were clear for my trip to the dentist thankfully.
A few days later all was good in my neighbor's yard.
Down by the creek all looked pretty.
Jack and I went to the cemetery this afternoon and this tree was so beautiful and smelled great!  I'm thinking we can resume our outdoor yard work as the temps will hit 80 by Tuesday. We have some tree stumps getting ground out this week and new trees planted.  I hate to keep posting yard pics but I know more will be coming as we get more done at the Pines. Thanks for putting up with me!  Happy crazy Spring!


7 comments:

jack69 said...

(SMILE!) The weather is a strange thing. LOL enjoyed the post not as much as you enjoyed the 'ROOT CANAL' of course. LOL (again) BUT the pictures are beautiful, yes even the snow. HOPE you are healing well.
Love from a cool North Carolina,
Sherry & jack

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

A 6-inch snowstorm in late April is about as much fun as a root canal - right, dear friend? :) I'm happy to know neither event kept you down very long. It is indeed amazing how the weather up north can seesaw dramatically at this time of year. Here in Florida when a late season cold front pushes through, the temp can suddenly plummet from 90 degrees all the way down to 80. :) The pictures you took are beautiful, the before pics with mounds of fluffy white stuff, and the after shots showing lush green lawns ready for mowing. I'll bet Arnie is buffaloed when he goes out to pee because he never knows what kind of conditions to expect when he walks out the door.

If a few inches of snow and a root canal are the only problems you faced, I'd say this past week belongs in the win column. :) Take care and have a safe and happy week ahead, dear friend YaYa!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Yaya. So glad your weather has returned to spring. Hope you heal up quickly from your dental work. Glad it was a "breeze." Have a good week.

CHERI said...

Wow...snow??? But yes, it's been a crazy spring for us too. I had put up my winter clothes but have had to dig some of them back out several days in recent weeks. I'm not really complaining because I prefer cooler weather, but it's been weird. Last night we had over 5 inches of rain!!! We needed some, but not quite that much!!!! I'm sure in just a few weeks I will be begging for the cooler weather to return:)

betty said...

Snow this time of the year isn't too bad to deal with. Usually gone very soon! I remember one year when we lived in Montana it snowed 6 inches the Thursday before Memorial Day. Gone the next day. And here we are slated to have 102 degrees next Saturday! Glad the root canal wasn't too traumatic!

betty

Julia said...

Wow, what a transformation. Even though fresh snow looks beautiful, I'm glad it's all gone. We were expecting snow also but all we got were flakes that disappeared as soon as they hit the ground. We got a bit of rain and I can't complain. We needed it. We're having drizzle today and my yard work has shifted to indoor chores.

How lucky your root canal went well, still it's not what I would call fun.

Your flowering trees are gorgeous. Too bad the blooms don't last longer.

Take care
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

we had snow also but not that much and today it is 35 and the wind is blowing brrrrr!
Glad your root canal went well I am having a bridge put in at the end of the month. I have never had one before so I am not looking forward to it. Trying to keep the teeth I have but boy is it expensive.
Cathy