Friday, July 6, 2018

A Kidnapping

I will confess...I did it..I kidnapped two little hooligans today.   I called my Granddaughters and asked what they were up too and when they said:  "Nothin"  I said:  "How about a picnic?"   They were all in, so I went to their house and snatched them up!  (With parents Ok of course!)   We decided that Mohican State Park would be the place to go for lunch.   The weather turned absolutely fabulous today.  It's as if a big squeegee came through with yesterday's storms and took all the moisture out of the air and left us with temps in the 70's and sunshine galore!  It's the last official day of  my "staycation" as I go on call this weekend , so I was happy to spend it with them.
This state  park is so beautiful.  I feel blessed to  have it so close to home.
A very picturesque covered bridge.
We snagged a picnic table in the shade and raided the fixings I threw together at the last minute.  We feasted on turkey sandwiches, (pb&j also!), chips, drinks, carrots and dip...and cookies for good measure.  Arnold found his spot!  He was treated to lots of snacks today!
After lunch we took off to explore the river.  Arnold just loves water and was in doggy paradise!
Addy was excited to spot lots of crayfish.
It's a perfect place to practice rock skipping. 
These two were great fun as always.   It's also great to see kids enjoy the outdoors and not even think about video games, TV, or phones.
All too soon it was time to head back home.  They spent the rest of the afternoon with me making some fruit pizzas that I have to take to a party tomorrow and I had them make one for themselves to take home.
Lexi took some time to drive the gator around.  She drives it better than me!
We decided to eat dinner out on the deck and they requested  spaghetti and meatballs...no problem!  Their Dad came after work and joined us and then all left for home tired, full, and with a delish fruit pizza for later.  This is what I call a perfect day!

8 comments:

betty said...

It indeed looked like a perfect day! Glad you decided to "kidnap" them! I bet they enjoyed it just as much as you did!

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

You guys certainly did have a perfect day, an "Addy Award" winning day. It was nice of you to offer to take grandkiddos Addy and Lexi out for an impromptu picnic at the beautiful Mohican State Park. I'm happy to see that Arnie went along and waded in the water with the girls. The pictures you snapped at that picturesque spot remind me of places I visited in my youth where you could enjoy a picnic lunch along a clean brook or creek. Good weather, good company, good food and good times had by all. Thank you very much for taking me along to this tranquil spot, dear friend YaYa. Enjoy your weekend!

acorn hollow said...

what a wonderful kidnapping! Sounds like a perfect day. We are in beautiful weather but sadly not to last back in the horrid weather Monday
Cathy

Julia said...

That sounds like a perfect day to me too. I'm sure they will remember this day for the rest of their lives. It reminds me of the picnics I used to have with my kids. We would pack the car and go to different parks for the whole day or sometimes, we just had picnics way down the field, in the shade of a large tree by the river bank. The kids loved it and have great memories of it and so do I.

The heatwave has left us also after the nice cooling rain. It's nice and sunny and the humidity is gone.
Enjoy your day.
Hugs, Julia

gin said...

What a joy to have a day together with the girls. And Arnold was happy too with all that attention. Those are memories y'all will always have.

Rick Watson said...

Wow! What fun.

CHERI said...

There is nothing more wonderful than spending time with grandkids! So glad you and yours had the perfect day. You made memories that will last a lifetime. My 2 grands always talk about making memories....sure hope they remember many of the times we've spent together. That's one reason I write a blog and take so many pictures!!!

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Wow Yaya, it looks gorgeous there. What a wonderful way to spend a day.