Monday, May 14, 2018

Mother's Day

I was trying to think of a catchy title but that was the best I could do tonight.  It was great to go and visit Mom this past weekend.   I was excited to get away for a few days and we had a nice trip even with some rainy weather.   We usually go out and visit Mom in May because her birthday is on the 17th.   Originally we planned for this coming weekend but other plans made it necessary to go for Mother's Day weekend.  And I'm glad we did!  I haven't spent that special day with Mom in a long time.  My sister and I also had a fun time.   Jack is such a good sport to put up with our craziness!   The weather was very cool and wet but that didn't dampen our spirits.  Mother's day turned out to be nice with the sun coming out and letting us enjoy some outdoor time.  My sister's kids and grandkiddos all stopped over and we had a really nice visit.  Here are some photos of the day:
We arrived Friday afternoon and had a nice time catching up with Mom.  Doesn't she look fabulous for almost (on Thursday) 92 years young?
Their church gives out roses to the women on Mother's Day and my sister was in charge of all that.   We went over to the Church on Saturday to get all the flowers ready.  Mom always does whatever she can to help.
Sunday found us color coordinated!
My sister and her kids..Amy, Bill, and Katie.   Katie had to work but took a few moments to stop by while on duty.  She's in full uniform with her bulletproof vest and all!  As usual the time flew by and we had to head out this morning.  It's so nice to go but also nice to be home again.  I'm far behind in my blog visits so I'll try and do that this week.   Jack and I worked outside as quick as we could tonight since rain is predicted for the rest of the week and the grass was in need of cutting and trimming.   I took a quick shot of some of our Dogwood trees.  They finally have bloomed and look so pretty!
Have a good week and Happy Mother's Day to all! 

9 comments:

betty said...

What a pretty dogwood tree! Your mom looks so spry for almost 92 years old. Seemed like a fun time you all had together to celebrate Mother's Day!

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I swear your mother gets younger looking every year! Happy birthday to her. Your mom doesn't look 92. She looks more like 29! It warmed my heart to read all the good news about your Mother's Day visit with her and your sister. Everybody in those pictures looks happy and fit as a fiddle. I am happy to know you made the trip out to Chicago and back safely.

We got some much needed rain down here in Florida over the last few days. The rain in the forecast for your vicinity this week will surely green up your property and fuel the blooms on that pretty Dogwood tree.

Have wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

Kay G. said...

Your Mom is gorgeous! So happy you all such a great Mother's Day celebration.
Your dogwoods are very pretty, it has been over a month since our bloomed! :-)

gin said...

Your mom is beautiful!

CHERI said...

How wonderful you got to spend time with your mother...and yes she looks great for 92. My mother will be 90 this summer and she definitely doesn't look it. Went to see her on Sat. and every hair was in place, she was wearing a lovely outfit with matching earrings, and her long beautiful nails were polished to match the outfit! She looks that way every single day! And she still lives in her home alone. Amazing! Hope I look nearly that good when I reach 90!!!

acorn hollow said...

So wonderful to see your pictures of mother's day! Looks like summer has found your house too.
Cathy

Julia said...

Hi Yaya, your mom sure does look fantastic and youngish for her age. You are so lucky to still have her. I'm so glad that you could get away to be with your mom and sister.
Your dogwood tree looks so beautiful. We're expecting some rain tomorrow.
I just got my internet and power yesterday. The water has gone down and now the clean-up begins.
Have a great week. Hugs, Julia

Susan Anderson said...

She looks wonderful! So thrilled for you that she continues to do as well as she does.
Hugs!

Donna said...

Your mom is amazing! I sure miss mine. Pics are great, especially your sister with her children, fun!