Saturday, July 11, 2026

Hi July!

 I hope everyone had a good July 4th celebration for this special year. Our town had lots of activities with a big parade, 250yr birthday party for America,  a service to celebrate a new park called FREEDOM. Its dedicated to all departments of the military.  When I  go there I'll take pics to.post.  We watched the dedication on TV. The parade was also on tv so we stayed home and avoided the crowds and the heat wave we were in. The kids all came over on Sunday for a cook out that became a cook in due to rain.  Food still turned out good but someone didn't take any pics! Tomorrow we're going to our grandson's graduation party and I will definitely take photos. For now here's just a few garden shots around the pines.

Peppers are coming along.

Tomatoes promising future BLTS!

Bee balm?

General preeties. 

Red day lilies.

Yellow too!

Hope the birds enjoy bathing with the geraniums.





Herbs need picked.

Some July 4th goodies.

Jack and our friend Derrick wearing matching patriot shirts from boy scout camp days!


My own patriotic shout out!

Happy belated 4th and a shot of a sunset tonight.  Night all!

4 comments:

Acorn Hollow said...

Happy belated 4th! That is bee balm and it has a square stem.
Everyone looks happy.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy 250th! It sounds like you celebrated well - and wisely, staying in and watching things televised. Love the patriotic attire! They had forecast rain and storms over the holiday weekend but we lucked out and the weather was absolutely perfect. After much hoopla, back-and-forths, and changes of plans, I ended up at the lake. It was noisy and crowded but the fireworks were breath-taking...even I have to admit. ;-) Your veggies, herbs, and flowers are looking so good. Love your little raised herb garden!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa! Thanks for posting a summary of your family's holiday activities, dear friend. Isn't it amazing how many of your cookouts become cook-ins? If you forget to take pictures of a family gathering, it means you are having a good time, and there's nothing wrong with that. Mrs. Shady and I planned to follow our annual tradition and watch the film Gettysburg over the 4th, but dang if we didn't forget. As I am sure you know, the epic battle took place on July 1,2 and 3, 1863, during the Civil War. It's a great movie and I highly recommend it. For the second time this season, we are expecting a heat dome to bring us triple digit temps on Wednesday. Mrs. Shady has many vegetable plants, herbs and flowers in her garden, same as you. Thank you for posting that pic of a beautiful sunset over The Pines. I hope my sweetie Annabelle is doing well and tolerating the summer heat. I will have a new post running at Shady's Place starting this Wednesday and hope you can come by for a look and a listen. Until then, have a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

Kay G. said...

Hey! What pretty flowers! You and Jack both look good all gussied up for the 4th! Guess what, I have a shirt with map of the United States on the front! We went to a friend's house on July 4th. Now, her son lives in Hawaii, so I drew the islands of Hawaii and pinned them on my shirt! I'm funny that way!!