Sunday, July 28, 2019

The Whole Family Gathering

These past two weeks seem to have flown by in a bit of a blur. When Craig and family said they were coming this summer for a visit we went into planning mode as I know they did. They had to get plane tickets, car rental, activities and tourist things they wanted to see.  We had projects around the house we wanted to finish and also plan activities around what they were doing.  The first week I blogged about the trip to the Falls and then they had their whirlwind trip to NYC, Washington DC and many stops along the way.  We chose to stay here and get ready for the next part of the trip. It had been a while since any family pics were taken and I wanted to grab the Grandkiddos for a group shot of all of them. Not always easy with everyone's work and vacation schedules but somehow we pulled it off. The weather cooperated by not raining, turning pleasantly cool and low humidity to finish off their last few days with us.  We even got permission from the family who bought my in-laws farm to let us come and tour the grounds.  It brought back tons of memories for the kids. It's been 18yrs since they were there. The family that lives there now are so nice and did a beautiful job of remodeling the home and taking great care of the property. We thank them so much for letting us invade! I won't post pics of their home since I don't want to put them out on social media without their permission.  I will post these many pics from our group photo shoot on Thursday.  On Friday my sister and Mom came to join us for a family BBQ and for Mom to see Craig's kids again.  It all turned out great and I can't believe they are all back home and tomorrow I'm back at work. So here goes:
We are missing only one member. That would be Jackie's wife Evelyn. We had originally scheduled the pics for Friday but the two oldest Grandkiddos couldn't be there so we went with Thursday. I felt so bad she couldn't be there but she understood since it's been so long between pics with all the grands together.  (my Granddog Kip made it but Arnie wouldn't cooperate!)
Jackie, Craig, Jordan, and Phil...this wasn't the final normal shot..they had to get the wiggles out first.
Boys!
They had a good time catching up and just laughing all the time.
Jackie's clan...
Craig's cuties...
Phil's girls.
A few jumped for joy when we were done!
Some cousin bonding going on here...Addy Rae and Sophie really hit it off. So fun to see them play and get to know each other better.
Mom was happy to get together with her Grandkids and Great-Grandkids.
A little cake never hurt!
The kids have grown since Mom last saw them in person!
As the evening wore on we had fireworks, gun shooting, golf ball hitting, bow and arrow contests, and riding around the Pines on the old Gator...yep, I think they had fun.
We also had icecream sundaes all around...even Kip tried to snag some from Anthony. We really enjoyed this time with everyone and we were very sad to see Craig's family head back home yesterday.  But we'll be back out to visit them and I hope they can make it East again soon.  Love my family..they are the best!
Finally, I think Arnie was ready for a little rest! Us too!


10 comments:

Susan Kane said...

What a wonderful family reunion! Making sure Mom was still there to see all those that were from her and Dad.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Yaya!

In the family picture used for your header, I at first thought your gang was dancing to the Village People song "YMCA." :) It didn't take long for me to figure out they spelled "Starkey." Very clever, Mrs. S! I'm happy to know Mother Nature cooperated on the day of this family gathering with no rain, cooler temperatures and low humidity. Please send some of that fresh air down here to Florida! I am elated that your dear mother made the trip to see Craig's contingent and note how much the kiddos have grown since last time. The group pictures you guys took are the best I have seen on your blog - real keepers. Even Granddog Kip posed nicely for the shot. Looks like that band of brothers enjoyed each other's company, and those individual group shots of Jackie's, Craig's and Phil's family members are priceless. I noticed that Rae Rae is once again known as Addy Rae, at least for this post. :) Did she and Sophie exchange stories about growing up in Oregon, Portland and Ohio, Ashland? :) As usual, your mother looks fabulous. Bless her heart! Looks like Arnie was all tuckered out by the end of the day. I am very happy to see these pictures of your big family smiling, laughing and playing together at your Pines reunion. You're right, YaYa, they really are the best.

Have a wonderful week ahead, dear friend!

Julia said...

How lovely to have your mom and sister there also with the rest of the family. By the look of the smiles, I would say that you all had a great time. Visiting the old homestead must have been a bit bittersweet just the same for you and your mom. I'm glad the place is well kept. Old memories are precious.
Hugs, Julia

betty said...

Love your new header picture! Beautiful/handsome family you and Jack have! So many blessings! Seems like lots of things were packed in their time visiting you and back east and so many wonderful memories being made! So glad too that your mom and sister were able to join you! Your mom continues to look so amazing for her age! Now the dreaded alarm clock for you tomorrow morning!

betty

Gin said...

What beautiful pictures of everyone! What a special time. You have a beautiful family. And you’re blessed to enjoy them all at one time. It is kinda sad to get back to the old grind after a fun filled time you had.

jack69 said...

I love the family pictures. thanks for inviting us. Loved the dialog and especially the visit to the former farm, what a great idea. Family folk love family STUFF, and this shows so much love and JOY to just be together.

I know group get to gathers from a distance are a nighmare at times, but when they come together, WHAT A JOY!
Good one
Sherry & jack out in NC

Kay G. said...

How wonderful for all of y'all to get together. Your Mom always looks great!
Guess what, I found out that I had an ancestor who went out west...Latter Day Saints! She was in Arizona at first, but because they were harassed so much, they were advised to go to Utah. She did...I imagine her descendants are there to this day. She would have been an aunt on my grandmother's side, from several generations back...my grandmother stayed in GEorgia! (The ancestor who went out West, her last name was ALLEN..her husband was Brigham Young Allen!) Wonder how many might be related to her? It is amazing how many it could be!

CHERI said...

Oh, such special pictures...and even more special memories. I am a picture-nut! I have SOOOO many. I finally did get them all sorted and organized and now also have many organized (not printed out) on jump drives. I keep one for both grandkids so that they will have lots of memories when they grow up. You are blessed to have such a big and happy family, but I'm sure you already know that:) Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Kay G. said...

Later Day Saints...didn't notice spelled wrong, sorry.

Kay G. said...

Latter Day Saints! I had it right the first time! Welcome to my world, where I am losing my mind!