Monday, November 20, 2017

Yep, It's Monday

I guess I should have been happy to see this week start since last week I started out on Monday not feeling very good and by Tuesday I was certain I felt like crap.  A cold.  A simple pain the bum cold.  I haven't had one in many years and I'm blaming this on the flu shot I was forced  invited to take.  They give many threats incentives to help you make that decision.  Things like $25 dollars if you take it.  You don't have to wear a mask all day...even while eating...if you take it.  You can wear the sticker they put on your ID badge proudly if you take it.  You won't infect the whole world population and kill your family if you take it.  I could go on but I'll just say I'm blaming everything that has gone bad in the past week on the flu shot.  Actually, nothing has really gone bad except my sore throat, coughing, squeaky voice the feeling of just not feeling good.   Anyway, I'm better today and I'm blaming that on the zinc I took.   It's Thanksgiving week and I have  much to be thankful for....family, friends (blog and others) Chubbs, food to eat and a warm home thanks to Jack getting the wood burner up and running.  So, as we prepare for this Thursday to host family, I'm wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you're safe, and healthy!  I rarely put a post up without a pic so here's all I've got for today:
My sister and I with a turkey we made around 1973 or so...can't tell it's the 70's?  The crappy Polaroid and the wallpaper are hints but Midge's shirt and my plaid are sure fire 70's!  Happy Turkey Day!


11 comments:

joeh said...

You have solidified my position on not taking a flu shot, however I don't have kids around the house and i don't get out a lot to germy places like when I worked and commuted on a train, but if I worked in a hospital, I would risk a mild effect and avoid the full out flu in such a high risk place...also important for the patients you are around.

Julia said...

I didn't get my flu shot this year. My old aunt had a very severe reaction that almost did her in last year when she took a flu shot. It took her so long to recuperate her health after that flu shot The big pharmaceutical companies makes millions off these flu shots. They say as a cancer survivor I should take the flu shots every year... Who do I believe?

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving Yaya. God bless.
Hugs, Julia

gin said...

So sorry you got ill from the flu shot. I never have taken one. But I probably should. Your 70's picture looks very familiar, much like my 70's years. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

I'm sorry your flu shot made you feel crappy for a few days. I remember that happening to me in the days following my injection. Mrs. Shady has been wanting to get her vaccine but has been sick for a few weeks and therefore had to keep putting it off.

I remember you posting a 70s picture of you and your sister a year or so ago. Maybe it was this same one. You both looked very pretty and very fashionable.

I hope you will share some turkey scraps with Chubbs this year, and don't forget to put a dish out on the back porch for the Yeti. All year long the Yeti has faithfully stood guard and kept the rhinos off your land. Ever see any rhinos at the Pines? No? See there, the Yeti is really doing a good job. :)

I wish you and your wonderful family a very happy Thanksgiving, dear friend YaYa!

betty said...

What a cute picture from days gone by! I have heard a lot of people had reactions from the flu shot this year, including hubby who was achy for a few days afterward and a bit of a nauseous stomach. His hospital is the same; don't take the flu shot and you are wearing a mask. I'm getting mine after Thanksgiving; don't want to feel bad for the holiday if I get a reaction (but I'm one that doesn't usually). Getting it mainly since grandson is in day care and step grand daughter in school; sure they will be potentially bringing germs over (both are getting flu shots).

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope it is a great day for you and your family!

betty

acorn hollow said...

Glad you are feeling better. Of course husband got the flu shot and then came down with pneumonia and yes he has had the pneumonia shot. He has also had the flu after having the the flu shot before so I don't hold much faith in it.
Happy thanksgiving
Cathy

Shalet Jimmy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shalet Jimmy said...

Hope You are ok now...

Shalet

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Is it just me, or is that turkey green?!!! Lovely Polaroid indeed. It's always a little more difficult to feel gratitude and enjoy the holidays when feeling sick. I hope kick that bug's butt soon and enjoy your week,
Andrea

Kay G. said...

Posing with a turkey! What wild girls you were! HA!
I took a flu shot ONE TIME and it made me sick as a dog. I haven't had one since.

Rick Watson said...

Happy Thanksgiving Yaya. I hope it's been a remarkable day for you and your family.
R