Thursday, May 26, 2016

One More Thought

There were many fun and sweet moments last weekend at Mom's. So I'll finalize my birthday post with these final thoughts.   My sister has little garden path that she calls her "journey garden."  It's paved with brick and lined with flowers, hostas, daylilies and many other plants.  She made a spot behind the garage that was not being used and made it peaceful and pretty and a place to go to contemplate life a bit.  There's  messages on the trees.
Messages like this one.  Also some stepping stones.
Some of the stones get leaned against a tree! 
This "gazing ball" is really Mom's old bowling ball!  Midge filled this space with meaningful items!  Mom and Dad were always on  bowling leagues and I remember this item very well!
When Midge saw this pic she decided she should put some window boxes on the garden shed so it's a bit prettier....that would be cute!  I found these little guys and had to make their Mom just a tiny bit mad for a minute.
Too big for the nest?
He was on the verge of jumping out and making his way in the world...good luck Mr. Robin!  My sis said the nest was empty by Monday afternoon.   One last tidbit from the weekend made me smile and it had to do with my Granddaughter, Addy.  She came up to me at the party and whispered: "YaYa, why is there a policeman here?"  I immediately said it was because she was so bad!  Her big brown eyes got even bigger but I also immediately assured her I was just kidding!  I then explained that her cousin Katie was a police officer and the man that stopped by was her partner.  I went with her to introduce her to Officer Val.  She was so excited to meet him and he is the nicest guy ever.  He gave her stickers and then asked if she would like to see the patrol car.  Boy was she excited!
He let her sit inside!  She was so impressed!  She fell madly in love with Officer Val!  One day she might recognized him as Santa who comes to our family Christmas gatherings...until then I hope she continues to idolize him as Officer Val.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm glad you had a great trip to you mom's. Your sister's idea of using your mom's bowling ball was a good one. And who knew Santa was the PoPo? HaHa!!

acorn hollow said...

your sister has such lovely ideas I love her gardens. And I know from other posts that she has an outside oven oh would I love to have one of those.
Such a wonderful time for your mom.
cathy

betty said...

I like what your sister did in her yard; very nicely done and how neat with your mom's bowling ball back there too! It does look like a delightful place to contemplate a bit of life. Who knows, maybe Addy will decide on a career in law enforcement :)

betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Forgive me for arriving late, dear friend. Seems I am always finding your posts in my reader a day after they are published.

Your sister had a great idea when she used space behind the garage to create a journey garden along a brick pathway - a spot where one can go and find peace and contemplate. I love how she turned your mother's old bowling ball into a "gazing ball." God bless those young Robins as they begin their own journey through life! I wish every grandkiddo in the country could have the kind of positive experience with a police officer that Addy was afforded that day. It could make a big difference, don't you think?

Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend YaYa!

joeh said...

Just gotta like officer Val!

Unknown said...

There's too much insecurity on studio sets, with all the people standing around,
whispering whispering. See the link below for more info.

#whispering
www.ufgop.org