Friday, November 27, 2015

So Very Thankful

This week has been a blur of work, cooking, new dog, and of course family fun! I love Thanksgiving and sharing time with those I love the most.  I took no food pics this year but we did do a few things a little differently.  We cooked the turkey on Wednesday and then had it carved and in a roaster so my oven was freed up for the side dishes we all love.  Great idea Jack..that's how I'll do it from now on! I had most of the food prepared early so all that needed to be done was a few items.  We also ate a little later so my Granddaughter could be here after working.
It was nice to spend time with her and her boyfriend Matt.  She works at a nursing home and will start nursing school next year.
Wednesday was my son Jack's 40th birthday!  I can't believe it!  We had already given him his gift back in October.  We flew him out to Oregon to spend time with Craig and his family.  Jack didn't want a party, especially a surprise one, so that's what he chose to do instead.  I made one of my famous candy bar cards and he loved that!  Happy Birthday Jackie!  One of our traditions is to have a pumpkin shoot out.  Great way to dispose of those Halloween gourds!  We used to use a bow and arrow but my bow was broke so guns were the order of the day.  The guys enjoyed that more I think.
Getting set up.
I didn't know you keep your handguns in a Bath and Body Works bag....hmmmm
Aim...
Fire!
Change pumpkins....
Pumpkin pie anyone?   One of the changes around here had to do with our new four pawed friend...Chubbs....still haven't changed his name...probably won't!  He had to go for a little trim.  First the before pic:
First day at the Pines...
Sitting a little taller now! He's such a sweetie and so well behaved!  We love this little dude!
He seems to be finding his place here.  But Chubbs wasn't the only thing that got trimmed....our trees that line the road had grown so much that the neighbors had complained they were blocking the view from their driveway.  So we had the township come and trim...
Oh boy...Well, I hope everyone on our road is happy!  I also hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I'm so grateful for all my blessings!
How about that full "mourning moon" this week? 

 

21 comments:

betty said...

That was a cool moon this week! I like the idea of making the turkey the day before; very clever with Jack to come up with that idea. Looked like fun with shooting the pumpkins; here they launch them somehow and then measure whose goes the furthest.

Looked like fun times for you and your family and glad to hear Chubbs is finding a place to fit in there too :)

betty

Julia said...

That's what I call a great moon photo and happy Birthday Jackie. The chocolate bar card sound like a hit.

I always used to cook the turkey the day before too and get every thing ready ahead of time and it's amazing how easier it all is on the cook. I feel sorry for those beautiful pines. That's the problem with trees, they grow big and take a lot of space.
Can't believe November is coming to a close.
Hugs,
JB



Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, dear YaYa!

I'm delighted to view these highlights of your family's Thanksgiving 2015 celebration at Whispering Pines. It was a great idea to cook the bird a day in advance and concentrate on preparing the side dishes Thursday.

Happy 40th to son Jack! How can he be 40 when his mother looks 30 and your mother looks 20? :) I'm pleased to know that no actual critters were harmed in the great pumpkin shootout. Bigfoot, who resides in the nearby C-Woods, will appreciate nibbling on the bits of pumpkin meat left behind on the ground. It made me very happy to see Chubbs again, and to know he's getting comfortable in his forever home. Surely that delightful little dog has much for which to be thankful this year. Yessum, Mrs. Shady and I gazed at that full moon for two hours last night as we drove home from our Thanksgiving visit with family in another city. That bright moon helped illuminate the roadway and brought the day to a very pleasant end.

I hope you and your family continue to enjoy fine weather and fun all weekend long. Please drop a slice or two of turkey on the floor for Chubbs (accidentally on purpose). When are you going to introduce Eddy to your new pooch?

God bless, YaYa!

Grandma Honey said...

I love the whole cook-the-turkey-the-day-before. Why did I never think of this!

Laurie said...

Hey YaYa, I knew you would have a house full. I love your idea of a candy bar birthday card. I bet shooting pumpkins was fun. And that moon! Wow! I can't take a picture of the moon to save me. Lol!

selvageedge said...

Beautiful picture of that moon. It was a sight to behold. Chubbs is a cutie pie and sure looks handsome with his new trim. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Sweet Tea said...

I just knew Chubbs was a Looker underneath all that hair, and he IS!!
So glad you rescued him and now he has a wonderful home.
Enjoyed reading about your Thanksgiving, YaYa!

Rick Watson said...

I'ma lovin the Chubster. That's a great looking dog. The moon was incredible here too. Take care and get a little rest.
R

acorn hollow said...

Sounds like a great thanksgiving. Your new addition is so sweet makes me want one. Fun pumpkin disposal and happy Birthday to Jackie.
Cathy

rjerdee said...

Love that moonshot! A perfect end to your delightful gratitude post! Glad your Thanksgiving was so full of love and light!

Kim said...

Chubbs seems right at home. I'm sure he's so spoiled already. I'm happy he has worked out.

Kay G. said...

Oh! I LOVE your moon photo! Put it into a photo contest, you will win!!!
AND I love your photo of Chubbs looking sideways at the camera, what a cutie!!

Scriptor Senex said...

I can't see Chubbs having his name changed now! What a great Thanksgiving.

Hilary said...

Sounds like a perfectly wonderful time. Your photos are lovely and I am impressed with your gift/card featuring candy bars. So clever. The pooch is just adorable and your moon shot is so dreamy.

Vicki Boster said...

My sweet friend--- so wonderful to hear from you....
Your holiday celebration looked awesome-- yiu guys really know how to have fun!! Your granddaughter is beautiful-- does it just kill you to see them grow up so quickly?? I can't believe how fast they grow....

That moon has just about killed us all at the hospital-- you know how things get with a full moon!! Everyday this weeks it's been something crazy!!

I'm working Christmas too- go figure:(

Love
Vicki

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I like the way you prepared a head of time so you are more organized for the actual day. Nice tip.
Your grand daughter is very pretty. God Bless her.
I hope that you and your family keep celebrating like this all the time. Nice wholesome post as always. Thanks.

thanida said...

I am Really thankful to you for this nice tips. Well, i think shall try atleast once by following your tips.Really informative and well written article isc888

supersonic100g9 said...

บริษัท BANANA rent-a-car มีการให้บริการ ในส่วนของการเช่ารถยนต์ที่ไม่มีความจำเป็นต้องใช้บัตรเครดิต ซึ่งถ้าหากคุณกำลังประสบปัญหากับการไม่มีบัตรเครดิต เพื่อนำมาเป็นหลักฐานสำหรับในการเช่ารถยนต์ ทางบริษัทของพวกเรา มีการบริการรถเช่าไม่ใช้บัตรเครดิตในส่วนนี้ เพื่อเป็นการอำนวยความสะดวกให้กับลูกค้า ที่กำลังมองหารถเช่าที่ไม่จำเป็นที่จะต้องใช้บัตรเครดิตสำหรับการเป็นหลักฐานสำหรับการเช่ารถยนต์
บริษัทรถเช่า
รถเช่าสุวรรณภูมิ
รถเช่าระหว่างซ่อม
รถเช่าไม่ใช้บัตรเครดิต
เช่ารถเก๋ง
รถรับส่งสนามบิน

thanida said...

Really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us
joker123

nira said...

Wonderful post I really appreciate of your efforts for bringing this awesome post
sagame66
sagame77
sagame88

thai168bet said...

แทงบอลไม่มีขั้นต่ำ

พนันบอลออนไลน์

คาสิโน

สมัครแทงบอล