Tuesday, May 19, 2015

How Do YOU Spell Ketchup?

I spell it "catch up"...as in blogging!  I've been running crazy the past week and weekend.  Work has been weirdly busy, especially after hours.  We've done so many appendectomies I think there can't possibly be any left in Ashland!  In fact, I worked until 10:30pm last night and we had to ship the third surgery of the evening because all our hospital beds were full up...weird!  But what wasn't weird was the weekend.  My niece, Amy and her hubby, Eric, and kiddos stopped to visit on Friday.  They had been zoo hopping all week!  They were coming from the Columbus zoo and were headed up to the Cleveland zoo before going back home to Chicago.  We had a nice dinner and the weather cooperated so we could have a fire in the pit and s'mores for the kids.
Phil is admiring his fire building skills.  Boy Scouts wasn't a waste of time!
The gang's all here.
The cousins hit it off.  Amy and Eric have 3 kids ages 1,2, & 3.  The baby is asleep but here is Parker, Lexi, Addy and Ella.  Addy and Ella became best cousin friends!
Time for yard games!
Some instruction was needed.  That's what older cousins are for!
Look Ma, no hands on the ball!
S'mores were the fun, gooey part of the evening and I'm not sure what Addy was doing with that silly look, but I'm sure it was something good!
Sun had set and we enjoyed the time by the fire just talking and watching the kids play. Toad catching was a big hit!  I was really happy they stopped to stay with us and we did a bit of "catch up" since the last time we were in Chicago all their kids were sick and we didn't get to see them.  They love visiting Ohio and enjoyed all the zoos too.  We loved having them! ( Sometimes the Pines is like a zoo!)

8 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Aww. a picture perfect fun time. Such fun to watch the kids have fun, isn't it?

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, dear YaYa! Mrs. Shady has also hit a crazy busy stretch in her hospital work. I admire you and her for the dedication you bring to your challenging careers.

It's wonderful to see the various branches of your family as they visit you. Looks like you guys have had more than your fair share of nice weather this spring. I love to see the kids enjoying the same simple pleasures that I did at their age, like sitting around a bonfire at night telling stories. It is low tech activities like these that they will fondly recall decades from now. Family is everything and I love to see pictures of yours and watch the children grow. I haven't seen pictures of Eddy in a while and hope my buddy is AOK.

Thank you for another uplifting post, dear friend YaYa, and enjoy the rest of your week!

betty said...

That is interesting about the appendectomies; must have been a special on them :)

Looks like fun times with family!

betty

Rick Watson said...

I love afternoons like that. Those kids looked like they had a great time. It's hard to beat s'mores.

Laurie said...

One things for sure, there's always something fun going down at the pines! Love it! :)

Rosaria Williams said...

I'm thinking your place is Grand Central! What fun!

Julia said...

I know what you mean by playing Catch-up. I'm lagging behind too and I might have to take a break. So much to do in my real life...


The little one on the left loves clowning around. So cute... She must be the life of the party.

Love those roasting marshmallows and hot dogs on a stick on an outdoor fire at night.

Looks like you could use a break too.
Hugs.
JB

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I love little ones SO much! What a cute age they all are. Enjoy every moment!