Monday, February 2, 2015

February Is Like Indiana

To get from my house to my Mom's in Chicago we have to go through Indiana...it's seems like it's the longest part of the journey....and we frequently encounter the worst weather.  In Winter we come up on snow squalls in South Bend because of the lake effect. In Spring, Summer or Fall it could be anything from torrential rain to fog to road work. (you know, orange barrel season).  February is a short month but boy it feels super long to get through to March and the beginning of Spring.  Yesterday Chicago was hit with a blizzard and 19in. of snow.  We had snow, rain, ice, and today more snow with wind that has blown drifts into the road.  Welcome February!  Yep, just like Indiana, you just have to get through this month to better climes, times and more sun.  I used to love this month because it's my birthday month.  Just to make it more interesting though, Mom had me on the last day.  Again, torture for a kiddo who can't wait for their special day.  Now however, I can wait for that "special" day....being a year older and all.   So I hope this month calms down and the trip to March gets smoother, and hopefully warmer! Yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday.  We didn't watch the game or even the commercials but I felt compelled to make some SB snacks:
Very yummy! Just to keep up my "fowl and food" trend, I caught these little guys at the feeder:
But that's not all I've been doing.  I've been moving a few furniture pieces around.
This table used to be in the hallway.
This used to be in the foyer where the above table is now...Jack walked in and saw this and a few other changes I made and said: "Man, you have to get back to work".  Ha! Just wait, I have plans for the rest of February....I guess we'll all just have to get through it like it was Indiana.

14 comments:

Cindy said...

I love that your husband is going to come home to some changes! Not sure mine would notice -- ha! We have a Snow Day here and no school tomorrow either -- kinda nice extra long weekend!! Stay warm!!

gin said...

Your feathered friends are beautiful! Feb is a great bday month. Mine is feb 27. Must be why I love reading your blog. Don't do too much furniture rearranging. Aren't you suppose to be in recovery mode?

Hilary said...

Ha.. don't overdo.. even though I can understand your restlessness. And I know what you mean about Indiana. I spent a fair bit of time in South Bend some years ago.

Julia said...

We're not near Chicago or the great Lakes but we're having lots of snow storms like you.

Now Ms. Yaya, moving furniture after major surgery is not what the Dr. ordered, I'm sure.

I used to move furniture around all the time. Not so much lately. I got Blogger to distract me.

Love the nice photos of your feathered friends.
Behave yourself...Hugs,
JB

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, dear YaYa! The whistle pig has spoken. Punxsutawney Phil, the famous ground hog, saw his shadow this morning and predicted 6 more weeks of winter. For me, that means 6 more weeks of having to wear long sleeve shirts when I go outdoors! :) I'm sorry you're getting hit hard up there. Seems this is the perfect time for you to be inside recuperating and not trying to walk or drive in that stuff.

You make the yummiest looking snack foods up there. When the Yeti in the Creepy Woods gets a whiff of your cooking, I'm sure he wishes you had married HIM instead of Jack! Thank you for showing us the birdies perched outside your window. I know they appreciate your feeder out there.

Please stay warm and continue on your indoor road to recovery, dear friend YaYa!

Kim said...

We are in the middle of blizzard #2 in 4 days. Not impressed! I like moving furniture around too. A nice fresh change

Laurie said...

Well, you know me....I'm wishing we had some of your snow. Anyway, look at you....moving furniture around. You must be healing VERY well. Love your birdies!

betty said...

Driving through Indiana must be a lot like driving through Wyoming :) I love your birds that came to feed; so pretty! Seems like you must be feeling a bit better and getting your energy back to be moving around the furniture (or having a good case of cabin fever).

Stay safe out there!

betty

Rick Watson said...

We lived in Whitting, Indiana for about a year before I started to school. I remember snow drifts higher than my head.
I saw you have an old singer sewing machine. Jilda has one just like that. I'm cleaning it up this coming weekend and bringing it inside to use as a table.
R

selvageedge said...

At least it looks like you were just moving around the small stuff. Easier, I'm sure, than standing for a whole day's work would be right now.
Your birdies are beautiful. Great shots!

CatieAn said...

oh had to laugh. I have been housebound too long and keep redoing stuff and now am talking about repainting the living room and John is just rolling his eyes.
When you are stuck indoors the four walls take on the look of 'help I need redone' or furniture 'please move me so I can show off my better side,

Nonnie said...

Be careful!! Beautiful bird pics. I am amazed at these creatures which stay cool in the heat of summer and survive the winters.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I love those birds.
Moving furniture all ready ? Please take it easy.

rjerdee said...

You guys must be sick of this lake-effect stuff...so long a season and this year it seems particularly big...my condolences...you really have to work hard to stay on top of it all. A sturdy lot, you all!!!